or Connect

Posts by madmadigan

I guess I'm a little confused Should I be using Alden color 8 paste wax or Venetian leather balm on my Alden Color 8 PCT boots from Jcrew?
I've come to the realization that I should be wearing a 11.5 on the 1035, the 12 just seems a bit big. I wear a 12d in the Barrie and that fits well. Just wondering if I should size down to 11.5 on the 2030 or if I should stick with a 12. Debating letting these go, any interest? These are size 12. Today was the first day I wore them, I'm just realizing I think I would be better in a 11.5 in this last. I paid $730, I'd be willing to let them go for $630 if anyone is...
Just received the Jcrew Cordovan boots. The leather looks fantastic, I've had my eye on this boot for so long and finally pulled the trigger Just want people's opinion if these look ok. Stitching on sole seems a little off, up by the side of the front it goes pretty close to, if not right up to the edge. And on the heel it looks to be a tiny bit chipped where the two parts meet. Would you guys send these back, or is this not going to effect wear/quality at all? I'm...
Belt and boot pics
I think it was 180
Just got the Context WSB113 belt in the mail, it's beautiful. Same leather as the boots, I'll try and post some pics with it next to the boots later. I know there's been a lot of talk about this leather, but based on everything from context/viberg it's a 3 layer leather with the shell membrane still intact, not stripped out. Anyway I'll try and post a detailed side view of the belt, maybe that will give us more perspective on this leather.
Yeah when I first saw the scratch across the toe I was a little taken back, but after about 5 seconds I just thought who cares. It's not a polished leather or designed to be anything other than a tough work boot. And seeing the response from Viberg about the leather being "an unfinished leather in it's natural state that shows many inconsistencies", the scratch is just one of those many inconsistencies.About rubbing it out, I have rubbed my finger on it a bit and I don't...
I've never owned any Viberg boots until today, but within moments of taking them out of the box, I realized just what it is that makes people go nuts for them. They are exquisite. Ever thing looks perfect on them, as if they were created by the heavens and sent down to earth. I'm not religious, but if Brett Viberg tells me Jesus is real, I'm gonna start going to church every Sunday. First, the Context boots. The box weighs 8lbs. They are tanks. I feel like I could drop a...
I've been standing by the front door waiting for the UPS guy to arrive with the context boots. Also waiting for the USPS guy to arrive with a pair of black fatty calf. I've literally been standing by the door staring out the window for the last 30 mins...
So I ordered a pair of the Viberg x Context boots, can't wait to get them. I too am a little confused as to the exact material, but I'm sure they'll be awesome when I see them, regardless if they are 'horsebutt' or 'shell' I know on the boot description it says "Tanned from the same part of the hide as Horween's famous Shell Cordovan, this leather undergoes a tanning process similar to ChromExcel" People are saying it's not shell it's just horsehide etc... However, in...