or Connect

Posts by madmadigan

Belt and boot pics
I think it was 180
Just got the Context WSB113 belt in the mail, it's beautiful. Same leather as the boots, I'll try and post some pics with it next to the boots later. I know there's been a lot of talk about this leather, but based on everything from context/viberg it's a 3 layer leather with the shell membrane still intact, not stripped out. Anyway I'll try and post a detailed side view of the belt, maybe that will give us more perspective on this leather.
Yeah when I first saw the scratch across the toe I was a little taken back, but after about 5 seconds I just thought who cares. It's not a polished leather or designed to be anything other than a tough work boot. And seeing the response from Viberg about the leather being "an unfinished leather in it's natural state that shows many inconsistencies", the scratch is just one of those many inconsistencies.About rubbing it out, I have rubbed my finger on it a bit and I don't...
I've never owned any Viberg boots until today, but within moments of taking them out of the box, I realized just what it is that makes people go nuts for them. They are exquisite. Ever thing looks perfect on them, as if they were created by the heavens and sent down to earth. I'm not religious, but if Brett Viberg tells me Jesus is real, I'm gonna start going to church every Sunday. First, the Context boots. The box weighs 8lbs. They are tanks. I feel like I could drop a...
I've been standing by the front door waiting for the UPS guy to arrive with the context boots. Also waiting for the USPS guy to arrive with a pair of black fatty calf. I've literally been standing by the door staring out the window for the last 30 mins...
So I ordered a pair of the Viberg x Context boots, can't wait to get them. I too am a little confused as to the exact material, but I'm sure they'll be awesome when I see them, regardless if they are 'horsebutt' or 'shell' I know on the boot description it says "Tanned from the same part of the hide as Horween's famous Shell Cordovan, this leather undergoes a tanning process similar to ChromExcel" People are saying it's not shell it's just horsehide etc... However, in...
LOL
First off, this thread made me happy and then sad within 30 seconds. I see a name, Lauren Tanner, with what appears to be a hot chick. Then I scan the first few lines about "I took some photo's, how do I look etc". I see you just joined! I then quickly decide it's only a matter of time before some sf'ers point out that what's really needed are more pictures, with less clothes, to determine the correct fit for your body type, I then quickily make a folder on my desktop to...
Don't listen to what that person told you. Trying to tailor/shorten the entire length of the jacket is most likely going to be expensive among other things. If you liked how the 40S felt overall, such as the actual jacket length, you can always have the sleeves let down some. I'm guessing there is some fabric to let out, as most jacket sleeves have some extra fabric so you can do just that.Again, if you liked the actual length of the coat, sleeves is an easy thing to let...