or Connect

Posts by Tibor

I agree.
While AAS has a fit that I feel works for him since it is his own unique calculation, there are just too many pronounced individual pieces combined. Together, they forcefully deconstruct the harmony of the outfit. While the drape is balanced from bottom to top, the mentality is not. The bottom has a simple contemporary understated nature to it, while the waist upwards has every individual article all vying for attention, saying, I represent a country/leisurely gentleman...
When I meet many Turkish people who are visiting California, one of the first things they say in conversation is that I look like Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. I assumed the same would be thought when they were back home. May I ask why you do not wear your homburg in Istanbul? I can understand when in Istanbul do as the Turks do.
Ironic, that is the depiction there, since Ataturk despised the fez, and saw it as a symbol of rotting Ottoman corruption. If I remember correctly I am almost certain he made wearing the fez illegal. He actually created a law requiring all male Turkish citizens to wear western hats (Fedoras, Homburgs, ect..) in order to help create a collective virtue of modernization. I have not been to Turkey. I have made Turkish friends, so all I know is what they tell me, and what I...
Many in Istanbul would see the Homburg as a symbol of Kemmalism or a style of a secular republic. A dangerous thing to be associated with in Turkey under the current Dictator. However, the Homburg would be very popular in America with Turkish people, as many educated and refined Turks are coming here to the states. At least that is my experience.
UrbanComposition!
I have plans to. It might take me up to a decade from now to make the idea a reality.
Over the past few weeks the array of unique ensembles posted by the gentlemen of this forum, have expressed style of the most impeccable caliber. By seeing these posts lately, I have been inspired to grow and improve my personal style. Thank you.
Here is one of the first hats produced by my hat company Engel & Co. Hatters. It is a lightweight regal Blue-Grey colour Fedora made from 100% Beaver Fur, produced from just the belly fur of the beaver. It is 110 Grams in weight. The dimensions are 6 inches in an Open Crown, and is 5 1/4 when creased into a teardrop crown with reverse taper (Flared Crown). The brim is 2 5/8 in a raw edge. The black ribbon is 2 inches tall.