or Connect

Posts by Tibor

From a good felter a single beaver felt capeline is around $55. A minimum order is 16. Shipping is around $100 for standard shipping. All capelines are custom order and dyed to specifican which takes around 3-6 months.
Yes, in my eyes they are timeless although stylistically they were all the rage in the mid 1930''s. I have pictures of a British Ambassador in the French Consulate wearing a hat almost identical to these as far back as 1922. In terms of wide spread use the style started to become popular in the mid/late 1920's due to trendsetting British Princes, and became the vogue in the mid 1930's. Even much later they were offered as luxury models and worn by well established...
Traditionally speaking "White Tie" is appropriate anytime Black Tie was required but not the reverse. In modern times as long as you understand the mentality of your host you should be able to discern whether it makes sense or not. Disregard some of the comments on this post as they are simply a reflection of the poster. Enjoy yourself and wear what feels true, life is very, very short.
Two hats I recently created for myself.
Some quick shots as of late. Taken on a smart phone. I have not taken the time to do any pics that truly display the outfit of the day. Regardless, here are some general pics. Saturday at work. New Turnbull & Asser Suit Sunday at the families House for Barbecue Ribs (The best I have ever had, including living in Houston). Monday Going for a straight shave at the local barber.
I will recieve my new antique top hat next tuesday. It has an exquisitely elegant Full Bell Crown. To be worn commonly in good health around non drunk people. May you please help me date it? My assumption is 1900-1920. The brand is named Sinclair of London.
PM sent.
He said he is semi-retired although if I call him he will drop by his shop and we can meet.
Yesterday, I had the privilege to meet Dominico Spano on Madison Ave. I saw him sauntering about in his impeccable style so I had to introduce myself. He is very kind and an absolute gentleman.
In my opinion the way I have it creased it is the most elegant and regal a fedora could be in any era. I am done talking about it. Thank you.