or Connect

Posts by knite

Your reply was for a different poster, but this seems like a good spot to jump in:I've recently moved to San Francisco. I've had some suits made in the past, but I definitely don't know what I'm doingl I know just enough to be dangerous. So here's a shout-out to any SF folk in SF (StyleForum and San Francisco, respectively) - wanna help me get an awesome suit? I'll beer and food you!
Today was my first fitting. I told Cornell that the trouser front is too tight, and that there's too much material on the sleeves. The next fitting is tomorrow, and the final one the day after. I'll post a vest photo after tomorrow's fitting. I will also have my jeans from Jay, assuming that fitting goes well. Be brutal, the fit needs some help! My Glenmore shoes should be ready in a few days. Though I haven't met him in person, Adam has been a delight to work with...
I'm having trousers, shirts, and a vest made right now. Apologies for the shoes and lack of belt. Today was my first fitting. I told my tailor that the trouser front is too tight, and that there's too much material on the sleeves. The next fitting is tomorrow, and the final one the day after. I'll post a vest photo after tomorrow's fitting. Be brutal, the fit needs some help!
Having literally just returned from seeing him, I can say he's at >. Jay is young (26) but sounds like he knows what he's doing. I'll post photos of the jeans he's making for me when they're complete.Bad news at Cornell's - they can't do a fully canvassed jacket in 9 days. I'm getting trousers, a matching vest, and two shirts.Glenmore really sucks at replying to my emails. On top of that, Jay says their shoes are glued instead of welted. I'm tempted to write my $50 deposit...
I stopped in to both Cornell's and Glenmore today. I exchanged a few emails with Adam at Glenmore, but he wasn't at the store this afternoon. The staff there didn't speak a lot of English, so I wasn't able to do much more than have my measurements taken and put down a deposit. Leather and construction quality both seemed reasonable, especially for the price. None of the styles especially wowed me. I wanted them to make me a monk strap, but I think an oxford may be safer....
Does Cornell's have an email address? I'd like to email them to determine pricing so I can compare pricing to BB's guy (themanilahaberdasher.tumblr.com) before my arrival on Thursday. How does the quality compare?
Hey guys, this thread rocks! I'm flying to Manilla in a few days and would love to have some new clothes made. I'm on a world tour, and a change of plans has me returning to Europe instead of continuing my travels through Asia, so I won't have a chance to have things made elsewhere. Eleven months of wear has basically destroyed all of my nicer clothing, so I'm interested in just about everything, if the price is right: suits, trousers, shirts, and shoes. And jeans! I have...
It's so strange that these currently measure a 15! I just bought the same model in a size 28 from another member, and those are also a 15 (post-soaks).
Quote: Originally Posted by sonlegoman Both are bad. How is it that the TaT was made based on the MyTailor measurements? The MT's quarters are too short. The lapels are all off. That's a question for Jason. I know he's on SF, perhaps he'll reply. Quote: You took the newly made suits to a cleaner? Why'd you do that for? Yes, I had my suits dry cleaned. I don't understand this objection. Who doesn't get their...
Quote: Originally Posted by pdial Whats with the uneven lapels on the 3 piece? Pretty sure they were pressed unevenly. I'd like to think I would have noticed that myself by now if it were a problem with the construction.