or Connect

Posts by identity-x

I'm new to this, so bare with me... I snatched this quite cheap from a thrift store. Gray glen plaid, 2 button, double vented, double pleated. Of note: It looks to have been tailored, but not perfectly...the pattern matching on the back seam is off by almost 1/8" in spots (see pic #4) Jacket is listed as a 54/44R (see attached pic), pants as a 48R/54. I really don't know what that means, so the measurements as follows (I utilized this -...
Thoughts on the 69er Ripstop? I'm looking for an all-white summer sneaker or white with very little contrast - no colored lines/trim/"smiles* (Chucks, Purcells, etc). I'm vegetarian, so want canvas, linen, etc. I thought about the Keds champion, but it immediately makes me think of nurses or teenage girls from the 80s. Ditto the Vans Authentic Lo.
Quote: Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix Hat day? Well...this ruins the image of you I had in my head. I always imagined you look like Dan Hedaya. He has a cleft chin, but it still looks similar to yours.
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy I often look at your pics and think that your arms look craaazy long. Not so with this one. Are the sleeves on your shirt/jacket a little shorter here? Maybe the more cool/confident pose makes your arms look shorter? Either way, I diggit...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier details on the shirt? I had a similar one (from Express...it was white/red/pink) some time ago and couldn't for the life of me figure out what to wear it with, so got rid of it. Looking back, I definitely could have paired it with a few sweaters.
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy Nailed it, from the finger placement to the dimensions of the picture. haha
I'll take it off your hands. $8 shipped. Interested?
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast Sticking to the easy options today: Robert Talbott tie??
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff For colorful socks that are for cheap, Target is my place to go to. They just released a 3 pack of Classic Socks that cost only $5. Teals, Reds, Grays, Purples, Blues, and Browns. Just bought a set with red and gray as dominate colors I saw these. I really wanted to mix and match from all of the "sets of 3" as each set usually had only 1 pair of socks I was interested in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorenus What brand do you look for at Target? Their house brand "Merona". $2.50 a pair. I've saw some nice argyle sock and striped socks there a few weeks ago. Last spring they had some nice colofrful socks. Blues, purples, yellows, teals. Cool patterns too. I picked up some navy ones with yellow fishies and black ones with skulls on them. Downside...they're thin as shit.