or Connect

Posts by BigHandMan

Edmond - What's the fit like on your Loakes? I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere, but since it seems you own a few... I typically wear a 10.5 or, more rarely, 11 medium in US sizes. Size 10 medium in C.T. shoes fits me well (recently tried on their brown suede full brogue), and believe last year's C.T. were Loake re-brands. Thanks.
If you're worried about fit, I believe that they carry a slim-fit version of the Windsor collar shirt. Check 'em out. I don't own any myself, but do own 2-3 of their standard fit Wales collar shirts.. FYI - I believe they are also running a sale on ties at the moment. But perhaps they are one of those outlets that's always running "sales"...
Southeast corner of 59th and 3rd (989 3rd Ave). Caddy-corner to Bloomingdales, home to overpriced clothing galore... Prices hover between $400-600 for suits @ retail. Suits on sale were about 1/3 off when I bought them, as were the sportjackets. Also... when I was in there last week, most shirts and ties were 50% off. I think he's clearing space for the new stuff he's expecting to arrive soon. The shirt quality is ok -- there are certainly better quality shirts...
I've lurking around SF for a few months. This post prompted me to join and reply. Since March, I've made a few purchases @ Phil's: a couple of sportcoats and 2 suits on sale back in the Spring, and, more recently, a few of the newer suits he just got in from Italy, where he gets everything made. I don't know exactly what you mean by "extremely fitted", but his line fits me well and I prefer slimmer-shaped cuts (I'm 6 feet tall & 175 lbs). Some of his newer stuff...