or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

You're much better off going slowly. If you spend it all at once there's a very good chance that you will not like most of what you bought in a year or two. My advice is to start off with one shirt and a trial pair of trousers from Luxire and build from there.
I would argue that @dieworkwear seems to have left out novelty as a major influence across both forums.
Yes, my comment didn't come across the way I wanted it to. Sorry everyone, the intent was in jest. Luxire is working on an item for me and there was a technical issue that had to be corrected. They have begun work on correcting it and I'm holding off on posting more details until I receive the remade garment.
*edit - deleted...*That didn't come across the way I wanted it to. My apologies to razl.
Forward pleats (opening towards the fly) are more of a Brittish thing and reverse pleats are more of an American thing. I've seen Italian designers go either way. Functionally they are the same. Interesting that this discussion should occur, because I'm currently measuring and preparing to place an order for trousers with a high rise (about belly button), single forward pleats and side adjusters. EFV has posted some beautiful examples earlier in the thread and...
I don't think you can call it bespoke without an in-person fitting... but the customizability makes it very close.
Does anyone own the bridle belt? I'm wondering if it's too rustic/chunky to wear with a suit.
Congrats! Suit looks great - any more detail shots and details about the design process?
Does anyone have any recommendations for a fabric for a short sleeve popover? I'm leaning towards the (fantastic) sky blue oxford, but it might be a little heavy for a summer casual shirt and I don't want to go too pricy for my first attempt at a popover.
Have the buttons gotten thinner or was that by request?