or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Feedback: The upper looks pretty good but the running shoe sole ruins the whole look.
I'm sure the backend is a bigger challenge than a pretty frontend. I'm in the IT industry (but not web design) and I'm surprised there isn't more off-the-shelf options for turnkey e-commerce platforms. Maybe it's a pricetag issue.
Thanks - any comment on durability? In specific I was thinking of the range of flannel that Luxire stocks. http://luxire.com/collections/pants/flannel
I have a question about flannel (regular flannel, not twill). Is there any reason to believe that a flannel from a 'brand name' mill (Dugdale, Minnis, etc) would last longer than a lower cost flannel or will it just be more comfortable to wear? I recently had a crotch blowout in my flannels and they will have to be replaced.
I wonder if some of the pleat issues recently discussed are due to the trousers being made from cotton fabrics which don't tend to hold a crease as well as wool.
Pics?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'too short' of pleats. Luxire has never turned down any pattern changes that I've requested so I'm certain that you can ask for whatever mods you want.Perhaps moving the pleats out towards the hip would make them appear more closed and would line up better with the crease. I'm sure the thigh width is also a factor as a more roomy leg will put less stress on the pleat. I'd be interested to see what the measurements are for the example...
Probably a good idea to increase the armhole slightly. If this is Luxire you might also ask them to adjust for slightly forward and slightly sloped shoulders.
Now that's a whole different kind of advertizing.
I just ordered a pair of trousers in a white twill and asked luxire to use their judgement and line it to the knee if the fabric will be see through.