or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

This thread is on fire lately.
Not even close to the image on the Luxire website but certainly not terrible... could be worn well with stone grey chinos in the summer to a BBQ or something.
Between that rant and the stuff on the Casual thread, @thefoxtooth has become my favourite new poster
I've never had a QA problem but I've had minor details missed on orders. It happens and only once have I had an issue large enough that I decided to be worth the time and expense to send it back to Luxire (on a sportcoat). Anyone expecting 100% quality control is in for a disappointment (equally true for high end sports cars or trial test fit trousers). As a customer, I would prefer free shipping both ways to fix mistakes, but it is what it is. Their policy works to weed...
$47, $49, $61 are more like the average prices of the wines in my cellar
Not from my personal collection unfortunately.
Although it's being worn very well I still have difficulty seeing young men in hats. I wish it weren't so.
I think it looks really good, but since it sounds like you're soliciting feedback I'll get nitpicky:The lapel roll and button stance are marvelousI like the diagonal cuff slant, could also be nice if done with even more angleI like the shoulder expression although for my personal taste it could be slightly more conservativeIt might be the way you're standing but your forward shoulders are introducing a ripple at the collarbone. This is also just a fact of life with lightly...
I'm also a small-timer wine collector and I visit a wine forum. The same traits are demonstrated over there. It's really just about the collector mentality. Filling the 'gap in the wardrobe' or 'backfilling your cellar'. It happens in every hobby. The elephant in the room is that some of these gents dropping 50k a year on clothes don't actually dress all that well or look good.
It seems like a high quality door - hinges have ball bearings (yay?) and heavy duty aluminum flashings outside. But it still seems high so I'm going to get a few more quotes.