or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

@ammanati Very happy you posted those photos. I'm having a safari jacket made up in that fabric right now.
Can you kindly explain the utility of this design?
You're best bet is to send an email to Luxire with the details and desired fabric and request a price.
Both of my jackets are fully canvassed wool and there is a lot of handwork throughout. A lot of attention to detail. Quality:Price is very good although if I'm being very critical there is still a bit of room for improvement in these areas:-Buttonhole handwork-Shoulder expression/shape/consistency-Working with soft/thin shoulder paddingThat being said I'm comparing with OTR jackets that cost about 4-6x the price.EDIT: I also have an unstructured linen casual jacket on the...
If you have specific questions I'll do my best to answer. I have two Luxire sport coats that were copied from a jacket that I sent in (this is my recommended approach).
Update: I was able to reduce the sheen a little bit by hovering my iron over the affected area and blasting it with steam, followed by doing circular brushing with a Kent clothes brush. Obviously not an ideal treatment. Keep an eye on those elbows and take your jacket off when you sit down!
It certainly is, but unfortunately that doesn't fly in a big law firm (except Fridays).
I have some disappointing feedback to provide about the Dugdale Fine Worsted wools. I have two Luxire jackets in these fabrics and after fairly light wear (1-2 times a week for only a couple of months) the arms from the elbows down have become extremely shiny where they rest on my office desk. I will try to give them an aggressive brushing and see if they can be fixed, but I wanted to caution anyone thinking about ordering fabrics from this range. I suspect that the seats...
You don't have a spreadsheet? lol my Luxire spreadsheet has about 9 tabs (measurements, inspiration photos, favourite fabrics, etc).
Those of you who are not already subscribed to the Unfunded Liabilities thread may find the discussion of fabrics over there very interesting.