or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Only if it didn't come in a box set with the tie.
This thread is becoming the poor taste thread.... (not the clothes).
Newest additions to the family: NOBD2: 1x Light Pink University Stripes Oxford 1x Light Blue University Stripes Oxford 1x Dark Blue HairLine Stripes 1x Maroon University Stripes Oxford LS Popovers: 1x Navy Shepherd Check On Grey Flannel 1x Wine Yellow Plaid 1x Green Blue Plaid - Medium-Heavy Trousers: 1x Beige Brown Corduroy (still waiting on bottle green Dugdale cords... fabric was backordered)
I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer, but you should have Luxire replicate your favourite pair of trousers, or modify and customize to your heart's desire.
It's slightly curved just like a standard dress shirt. Here are the instructions I use: -Same pattern as long sleeve dress shirt from order #xxxx except shorten length by 1" without otherwise modifying the torso fit -Split hem at side seams (1.5" deep) like shown in this photo: http://moosages.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/005.jpg
Mine are 1" shorter than my dress shirts and I have added a 1.5" deep split hem (like a polo) at another members suggestion.
I have that fabric in a slightly lighter shade. Up close you can see the diagonal lines that form the weave. From normal viewing distance it looks about the same. I think they make a wool twill and then mechanically brush it to loosen fibers and create the flannely texture. It's still fuzzy but not as lofty or 'felty' like a melange flannel. Supposedly a worsted flannel is more durable, which has also been my experience. Hope this helps.
@Luxire, are you able to source additional colours of patchwork bleeding madras for upcoming summer orders? Similar to this, in other colors: http://luxire.com/products/soft_light_summer_red_yellow_madras_patch
@Luxire, your new website really needs to have a way to determine which fabrics are available immediately onsite and which ones may incur multi-week/month delays waiting for mills to ship fabrics to you.
In this case I launder them at home and hang to dry, then iron by hand.