or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Hi, I'm interested in an unstructured wool blazer that fits roughly size 40 (40L would be a bonus). Here are the specs I'm looking for: -Solid navy -Single breasted, 2 button or 3r2 -Wool, cashmere, silk, etc. (I'm not interested in cotton or other casual fabrics) -Patch pockets -Unstructured, deconstructed, unlined is bonus -LBM, Boglioli, or equivalent preferred Please PM me with your asking price. Thanks!
Has there been any recent examples of jacket buttonholes? I believe the consensus on the early examples were that they needed improvement. I'm considering getting an unstructured wool navy blazer made up and the buttonholes are my only concern.
Write a few words or sentences describing the goal of your aesthetic. How do you want to be perceived? Now re-examine your wardrobe and decide if it fits this 'mission statement'. Use this guideline when making new purchases. This will help your wardrobe stay calibrated against your goals.
Just throwin this out there, but if anyone is interested in trading me my 32 USA camel moleskins for something comparable in a 34 american cut hit me up with a PM.
There's one fit issue that I'm having trouble working out. The elbows on some of my orders are tight and uncomfortable. Others (with the same measurements) are fine. I've just measured and found up to a 1.5 cm diameter difference in some of my shirts at the elbow. Is this just due to fabric shrinkage? What measurement should I alter to adjust the elbow allowance without just making the sleeve more billowy in general? Bicep? Can I just specify in the order comments...
If you want an immediate response "support team" then you may have to pay for the privilege by buying more expensive stuff. HY is a lean operator and passes the savings along to the customer.
Just kopped the mid grey and tan. I hope Canada Post doesn't hit me at the border... never bought two pairs in one shot before.
In before 10000 replies about how this study was flawed.
Not sure if this is the 'correct' method, but I measured from the crotch seam up to the top of the waistband and got 17".
I'll measure for you when I get home.