or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Newest additions to the family: NOBD2: 1x Light Pink University Stripes Oxford 1x Light Blue University Stripes Oxford 1x Dark Blue HairLine Stripes 1x Maroon University Stripes Oxford LS Popovers: 1x Navy Shepherd Check On Grey Flannel 1x Wine Yellow Plaid 1x Green Blue Plaid - Medium-Heavy Trousers: 1x Beige Brown Corduroy (still waiting on bottle green Dugdale cords... fabric was backordered)
I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer, but you should have Luxire replicate your favourite pair of trousers, or modify and customize to your heart's desire.
It's slightly curved just like a standard dress shirt. Here are the instructions I use: -Same pattern as long sleeve dress shirt from order #xxxx except shorten length by 1" without otherwise modifying the torso fit -Split hem at side seams (1.5" deep) like shown in this photo: http://moosages.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/005.jpg
Mine are 1" shorter than my dress shirts and I have added a 1.5" deep split hem (like a polo) at another members suggestion.
I have that fabric in a slightly lighter shade. Up close you can see the diagonal lines that form the weave. From normal viewing distance it looks about the same. I think they make a wool twill and then mechanically brush it to loosen fibers and create the flannely texture. It's still fuzzy but not as lofty or 'felty' like a melange flannel. Supposedly a worsted flannel is more durable, which has also been my experience. Hope this helps.
@Luxire, are you able to source additional colours of patchwork bleeding madras for upcoming summer orders? Similar to this, in other colors: http://luxire.com/products/soft_light_summer_red_yellow_madras_patch
@Luxire, your new website really needs to have a way to determine which fabrics are available immediately onsite and which ones may incur multi-week/month delays waiting for mills to ship fabrics to you.
In this case I launder them at home and hang to dry, then iron by hand.
I have a couple pairs of casual cotton trousers with Luxire horn buttons... on one pair in particular the horn buttons become quite soft when laundered and dry and crack around the edges when they are hung to dry. Not really visible to others, but makes it difficult to pass through the button holes as they are 'rough'. Is this just a bad batch of horn buttons or is there any way I can protect/treat the buttons to prevent drying out and cracking? I should note that this...
Yea I have to say I'm holding off on new orders right now as they have become 20% more expensive due to our exchange rate.