or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Can anyone recommend a reliable/good value watch winder for 2-4 watches?
I'm not sure that would capture a customer's real posture, how they move and walk, how the clothes drape, etc. The best solution would be for a customer to travel to Luxire's facilities for a full fitting. The next best solution would be for Luxire to send a tailor on a world tour to centrally located cities around the world and book customers for fittings. The next best is to do the iterative process by mail (but this leaves a lot of responsibility on the customer who...
Indeed, a single photo is not enough to pass judgement. I've been pretty happy with my (now 3) Luxire jackets for what it's worth. Most 'problems' with fit are almost certainly attributable to the fact that the customer is not available in person for the tailor to do a proper fitting. This is Luxire's greatest disadvantage IMO.I would personally be willing to invest the time to send a garment back and forth a few times to simulate the bespoke fitting process, but frankly...
Although, this may happen...
Other fit discrepancies aside for a moment, I'm not sure how a shoulder expression like that is allowed to leave the workshop... when one sleevehead is (say) 1cm tall and one is 3cm tall there is a problem. @Monkeyface, I would try to soak the jacket in water for 15 minutes and then gently squish the water out between two towels. Then put it on and wear it until it is dry (like with raw denim). Re shape it as it dries. I did something similar with my most recent Luxire...
First post on this thread - I'm thinking about these unlined peccary gloves. Can anyone from a cold climate tell me how the unlined gloves perform compared to regular cashmere lined leather gloves? Are they like 80% as warm or like 30% as warm? http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/accessories/gloves/brown-real-peccary-unlined-gloves.html
As mentioned above, expect about $20. I usually get a bill in the mail from Fedex a week or two later.
Do you like the collar/cuffs to be crisp and smooth (as if pressed with starch) or more casual/relaxed looking? I personally prefer the starched look so I do all my NOBD2 collars with fused medium interlining as I don't like the fabric to 'bubble' away from the interlining (on my dress shirts). On my casual shirts I do a medium fused neckband with a soft unfused collar.
For summer trousers I'd say stone.
@archibaldleach Fabric looks nice. Probably need to let the seat out a bit.