or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

As mentioned above, expect about $20. I usually get a bill in the mail from Fedex a week or two later.
Do you like the collar/cuffs to be crisp and smooth (as if pressed with starch) or more casual/relaxed looking? I personally prefer the starched look so I do all my NOBD2 collars with fused medium interlining as I don't like the fabric to 'bubble' away from the interlining (on my dress shirts). On my casual shirts I do a medium fused neckband with a soft unfused collar.
For summer trousers I'd say stone.
@archibaldleach Fabric looks nice. Probably need to let the seat out a bit.
I would probably do a gentle cold machine wash with Woolite dark... otherwise you're going to leave blue dye all over the place.
Most of my orders are in the $600 to $1k range which may make a difference. I figure bunching my orders together will save me shipping costs even if I do get a follow-up bill from Fedex.
Definitely agree with you (I've been there too) but I understand Luxire was working on a shipping agreement for Canada some time ago where there would be no after-delivery bills for the customer. Right now we're paying $25 for shipping (I think) plus ~$20 on arrival. If Luxire could arrange something with Fedex where I would be charged ~$30 at checkout without any further charges I would be happy.
On the topic of wishlists for Luxire: More competitive pricing for shirt monograms. My previous iShirtmaker was charging $5 for a monogram which I found acceptable. Haven't requested a monogram from Luxire as I feel $20 is too much for me. More control over trouser lining fabrics. It seems Luxire uses a selection of fabrics they happen to have in stock. Since I'm neurotic about consistency I would love to be able to choose (for example) a basic baby blue oxford shirting...
Dugdale also... will edit my post for clarity.
I have two G+R shirting fabrics (oxfords). One of them is a bit shiny and wrinkles extremely easily. The other is OK but needs many more wash/wear cycles before it will hit the sweet spot and look really good (it currently is a bit too 'fine' for an OCBD. Frankly I strongly prefer my 'no-brand' sky blue oxfords and 'no-brand' university stripe oxfords to the G+R oxfords (even if they were the same price).I have two jackets made from Dugdale worsteds. They get shiny pretty...