or Connect

Posts by Thrifter

Total trouser length also is a factor. Think of it this way - if you subtract the total length from the inseam length you get the "effective" rise which is not the same as the measurement from the crotch seam to the waistband. The combination of all of the measurements (including hip width) gives a 3D profile of the top block.Also, how long ago were your pants made? Luxire had a pattern issue that creates the effect you have described but it is resolved. On your next...
It's about a size to small in every possible way. You should probably avoid slim fit fashion forward suits with your more athletic body type.
Reducing the number of pleats would probably affect the roominess of the forearm area. You could go back to the default or do what I do - ask them to cut the sleeve with at least X inches diameter at the elbow, which you have measured X inches up from the cuff. A bit more sleeve length wouldn't hurt either.
I also have been requesting no label, but I would change that if they did a SR style tag. My dry cleaner always looks for a label, tag or monogram to note on the ticket in case of a mixup... it's difficult when there is no labels at all. I don't really care for the existing Luxire tag as is because it doesn't give the impression of "custom clothing".
@luxire - have you ever considered using a tag like this (referencing customer name, date, order number) for your garments?
@ammanati Those trousers look excellent. Can you share your design thought process and post detail shots of the trousers? Also, do you find that the cotton twill drapes nicely as a pleated trouser compared to wool? I'm not sure whether Luxire shapes "fullness" into their wool trousers so I'm not sure if there is really much difference between cotton and wool as a tailoring fabric.
Are there no darts in the rear of the trousers? Perhaps post a picture of the well fitting pair also.
You're much better off going slowly. If you spend it all at once there's a very good chance that you will not like most of what you bought in a year or two. My advice is to start off with one shirt and a trial pair of trousers from Luxire and build from there.
I would argue that @dieworkwear seems to have left out novelty as a major influence across both forums.
Yes, my comment didn't come across the way I wanted it to. Sorry everyone, the intent was in jest. Luxire is working on an item for me and there was a technical issue that had to be corrected. They have begun work on correcting it and I'm holding off on posting more details until I receive the remade garment.