or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Quote: Originally Posted by Andre Yew I'm not sure how a Cayman equates to an X3. After Porsche became the world's fastest growing truck company, I would think a Cayman would be regarded pretty positively since it's true to the company heritage, even if they decided to hobble it a bit. Is it that Porschephiles were hoping for a Cayman with similar engine options to the 911? --Andre Well, I couldn't tell you what Porschephiles hope for,...
Andrew, I'm away for a couple of weeks and you've left and returned, all the while involving yourself in a forum-wide manhunt. I do respect a man that lives life in the fast lane. Gorgeous shoes, as usual, and I think I prefer the photo without the flash. I'm guessing more lighting is asking a bit much, but maybe you can play around with the camera settings to find the aperture, and increase that by just a bit. It should let more light in, and if you've got a steady...
Guess that's the V8 Vantage, right? She's wearing a bit too much makeup, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating nachos.
Kent - it all depends on the maker. You'll be hard-pressed to find anything that's corrected-grain with makers like Hermes or Lattanzi. I should also note that leathers meant for specific purposes have their own qualities. Auto leather, including that of Connoly, for example, is dyed with pigments, as opposed to glove or shoe leather, which is drum-dyed in vats. This is why the leather you see even in a Bentley isn't as nice as that of a mid-range shoe. It has to be able...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andre Yew I've seen surprisingly few Caymans on the road since their introduction: they may not be selling very well. I may have even seen more Turbo Cayennes than Caymans so far. It's probably because the Cayman, nice as it may be, is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. I could swear I went on this rant before, but here it goes again - the Cayman was made to fill a market niche. The Boxster is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Porsche replicas are amusing in some ways. They also have MG replicas, which also are amusing because MGs, even in top condition, aren't particularly expensive. I suppose they are more convenient. They also break down less.
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy So, the German store made this agreement without any coercion on anyone else's part. Laughable. I'd be willing to put money down that the powers that be at the US retailers went and had a chat with Vass, or perhaps both Vass and Budapesterschuhe (iirc, that was its name), to put an end to that outlet, or else they would put an end to their own distribution.
Didn't check the auction details, but thought you guys might appreciate this. Not much time left. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Kiton-Napol...QQcmdZViewItem And more Kiton stuff here: http://clothing.search.ebay.com/_Clo...stantauctions/
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Another in the closet meet joe black fan, huh? ;p There's definitely something about her that I really like. It's partly her voice and the way she speaks. Hah, add one more to the list. Amazing movie. Amazing woman.
pkincy, Berluti does have a bespoke programme, but most of their stuff is ready-made by StefanoBi - Stefano Branchini's old firm. Both Berluti and StefanoBi are owned by LVMH, hence the relationship.