or Connect

Posts by Demeter

skalogre, touché. Psykon, to be honest, don't worry about the water. The sweat off your arm will eat away at the leather long before it suffers any water damage.
That's possible. From what I saw he's got quite a few people working as apprentices in his shops. Every single one that I saw was from Japan. Mathew, are you planning a trip to Florence anytime soon?
I'm not very familiar with Toronto, but it should be the same everywhere for small boutiques. They have big sales every single season where you can get at least half off of whatever's being sold. And I'm not talking ugly ducklings, either. You won't find anything like a C21 or Filene's there, but there's plenty of deals to be had in the smaller stores.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I walked into his shop. He only fits and measures in Florence as far as I know. It is possible that he goes to Tokyo, but that does not help either of us. Gah! I didn't even think of Ugolini when I was there. Was at Stefano Bemer's boutique three days in a row but kept missing him
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Too late. I've just blinged out my corneas. Grills are passe. I'd take a picture to show you but I can't see to find the camera anymore. Glad I remembered where the keys are on the keyboard!
Fifty bucks says whoever wrote that reads this forum.
I'd like to see if someone can follow the GQ list and not look like a clown. This is akin to "The Reader's Digest definitive list to being witty."
Damn, it would've been fun to join you guys. I'll have to wait 'til next March to see all the New Yorkers again. :P
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 I needed that laugh. Oh, man, I love this forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by diorshoe the only thing i may be hesitant about regarding scafora is the leather sole. the emblem they put on their is very nice, but it is too large and maybe too deeply embossed or cut into the sole? perhaps shortening the actual life span of the soles from regular wear? the emblem from afar makes the soles look like they are badly scuffed or if you stepped on some soft asphalt. any body else has this similar...