or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Quote: EUR/USD may hit 1.3700-1.3800 by early April. Well, that sucks. I thought they were anticipating a comeback. And why are the Chinese buying the greenback by the bucket, then? Or is it just because they have to due to some circumstances?
The best I ever found was a couple of E.R. Fisher suits (probably by Samuelsohn) for 14.99CDN. They're kind of like Canada's version of the Andover shop, I suppose. A nice light blue Yves St-Laurent for 11.99CDN. Unfortunately they were all too small for me. Last time around I got a few nice ties. Barbera, Canali, and the aforementioned E.R. Fisher for four bucks apiece. I'm actually having a bit of a hard time with thrift stores here. I should try and look in different...
Well, I filled it out. Hope you guys send to Canada
[quote] Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Boogers,Mar. 10 2005,07:01 I find your reply quite rather presumptous. As I stated, I was educated in nutrition and, in fact, worked with several nutritionists and my family doctor. To call one's personal experience untrue is a blind attempt to justify one's beliefs. I have competed in drug-tested bodybuilding and powerlifting during this time and after, so don't assume that I too was not involved in athletic...
Quote: The initial reason that I stopped eating meat was actually health related. I found that as an active, athletic young man, it was nearly impossible to consume enough protein to meet my body's needs. Most of the protein from non-animal sources is virtually unusable and supplements, such as soy, are riddled with female hormones. Without going too far into my experience, I became considerably more healthy when I went back to meat. I found my vegetarian...
Quote: I ment that as a generality because being a vegetarian and a vegan are alittle bit different. People who are vegetarians and animal rights activist (who preach about not supporting the harm and destruction of animals) haven't looked to far into the subject at hand. Being vegetarian you eat milk and eggs. We'll start with milk first. Milk is a direct product of the veal industry. You have to keep the cows pregnant, they give birth and a vast majority of...
I'm a vegetarian (meat, fish, eggs, by-products), and wearing leather shoes has nothing to do with choosing not to eat meat, unless you do so specifically for ethical reasons. I don't eat meat for health reasons. It rots in your lower intestine because it's too long, it has chemicals that I can't even pronounce, and hormones that haven't been properly tested. But even if your convictions are ethical in nature, I think a couple of people mentioned that far more cows are...
Quote: OH and one thing vegans are usually the activist type any vegetarian who says they are an animal rights activist is lying because you can't really be if you aren't vegan. Oh? How so?
First of all, Carlo, Andy and everyone else thanks for the wonderful input. You guys answered questions that I didn't even know I had. Quote: Personally, I am betting that eventually people will get sick of that and the walmartization trend will reverse. No, not knocking WM or globalization... just sayin that I am putting my rear end on the line betting that there will be a slow but percetible move toward less 'efficient' goods toward those with a bit more...
I was in a local thrift store today, and came across a couple of Lanvins, Canalis and a few other lesser-known brands that would be somewhere in that range of quality and price. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is that separates a good tie from a cheap mass-produced ones. The material plays a big role, of course, and so does the handiwork, but what else? What are the telltale signs of a quality tie when it's new? And what about in the long run? Holding...