or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Quote: Maybe it's an insight from his new book "Geeky Clothes and the Man." It's got all kinds of great tips like: -- 'why shouldn't a man wear a polo shirt and suspenders together?' -- 'white walking shoes and black knee socks are a dashing way to compliment green bermuda shorts.' -- 'nothing screams elegance like a beige hopsack blazer and a brown "Who Farted?" T-shirt.' LOL 'naturally, females are intrinsically attracted to a man who shows his...
Haha, it's got a ring to it. Maybe I should invest and market it as a side-project for one of my business classes.
Marc, Ron, maxnharry, et al., thanks for the advice - I'll take care of them accordingly and won't use too much water. Are the polishes (Old Cobbler, Lincoln, Dasco, Cordonnerie Anglaise) best for specific types of leather, or are they all good in their own respect? There seems to be a lot of diverse opinions, but they all seem to be coming from credible sources so I'll just assume that they are all good products.
Ahh, perfect. Thank you all kindly for the input.
So first you wipe them down with cold water, then use the Kiwi polish, and then the EG neutral polish?
First of all, sorry if there have been posts about this before (an I'm sure there have been), but it seems the Search function is broken, so I couldn't find anything. While trying to find some pics of Foster shoes, I came across that famous Japanese shoehorse's site, http://cobblers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/index.htm. Then I found one page where he showed how to shine your shoes, and the results seemed spectacular. The images mostly speak for themselves but since I can't read...
Marc, You have my most heartfelt (and... foot-felt?) thanks. I can't tell you how much these will be welcome, especially since I just got back from a busy evening of walking in uncomfortable rubber-soled, cemented abominations. As with VersaceMan, I will promptly send these back if they do not fit perfectly, and will take the best possible care of them if they do. I'm really looking forward to seeing these beauties and will definitely post a pic or two when they...
Grammatically, it's surprisingly close to Arabic. The sentence structures are practically identical. At least if you speak very traditional, formal Russian. They're both beautiful languages. Probably an advantageous asset these days, too, what with the emergence of fledgeling businesses in Russia and the 'democratization' of certain parts of the Middle East.
Grammatically, it's surprisingly close to Arabic. The sentence structures are practically identical. At least if you speak very traditional, formal Russian. They're both beautiful languages. Probably an advantageous asset these days, too, what with the emergence of fledgeling businesses in Russia and the 'democratization' of certain parts of the Middle East.
Far as I know, there's no word for 'mister,' unless you meant 'tovarischshchshcshhsch.' But yeah, it seems like it's got a problem. If it's a Linux-based system, which it most probably is, just a couple of modules are needed, but I figure there's a severe deficiency of native Russian speakers on here to justify the work that would have to go into that. Would J listen to us if we told him we desperately needed Cyrillic compliance to post random quips in Russian?