or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Quote: Quote: (quill @ April 12 2005,09:13) Are we outsourcing ourselves to death? Seems like nobody in America actually makes anything anymore. In reality, more jobs flowed into the U.S. over the past five years then flowed out thanks to globalization. I know it's hard to believe, but the U.S. has actually imported more jobs then it has exported. That may be, but it won't last very long. The new trend is the outsourcing of...
Quote: Quote: Do you see China overcoming the stigma it's had for so many years as a place of cheaper quality production? Will China become an even bigger economic player in the very near future, as regards apparel? Remember that all things "Made in Japan" used to be synonymous with poor quality. Already, major Saville Row houses are banking on the mystique of *some* parts of China to sell "Shanghai Bespoke". Very good...
I think Lost in Translation was a good exploration of integrity; it's what you do when no one's looking.
In terms of depth and storyline, Nikita was pretty much the best series I've ever watched. The character develoment over the five seasons was second to none, and yes, the clothes were fantastic. Music choices by the producers were amazing, too. The reason for my love affair with Coldplay and The Cranberries. Quite possibly the best ending of any series I've ever watched, too. I'm really glad to hear that there are others on here that like the series, too.
I can picture those baby blue enamel (are they enamel?) links looking very nice with a light beige summer suit and checked blue and white shirt.
I'd be more than willing to bet that it was Mr. Kabbaz that's behind this prank. Unless the poster ISN'T from the east coast. That would mean we have a real were-clotheshorse in our midst.
I remember one time my dad got me a tie as a present. "I got you a nice Versace." he exclaimed, his thick Slavic accent enunciating the 'ch' sound better than any native Sicilian could ever hope to. Now my dad's a practical joker, so I should've suspected something, but my teenaged label-lust got the better of me. I look at it and, turning it over, read the label. I laughed for a solid five minutes. 'Versatie.'
Ok, I'm going to try and play interpreter for a second. I think what Ernest is trying to say is that while a certain article of clothing might look good on one person, it might not work on another. Often times this means a cultural identity that, if overstepped by someone not of that culture, could lead to that someone looking ridiculous. For example, my friend Ibrahim is a Saudi. His complexion is of a very nice dark olive and his features are very defined. He looks...
Mr. Beaman, what kind of site are you looking for? Perhaps an example of an existing site might give potential designers a better idea of what you might need? D.
Was wondering if there was anyone on here that is familiar with 'Cinque' (pr: shin-kway) as a brand. I looked at some of their stuff and although the styling looks fantastic, I can't tell what the quality is comparable to.