or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Just... wow. I remember seeing their (Versace Classic, to be specific) spring/summer line from a couple of years ago. I fell in love. What the hell happened?
Quote: That's nothing. I actually OWN a brown Hilditch shirt (thanks RJ Dad.). Lemme tell you, brown: it ain't just for farmer. No, lemme tell you. I envy you. And your dad.
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by meaculpa,June 09 2005,13:33 Quote: Originally Posted by dorian,June 09 2005,11:28 Too funny. BTW, Ernest, last time I was at the Sloane Hilditch store they had a brown shirt - no, really. I said to the sales lady, "But Brown Is For Farmer." She looked confused and must have assumed from my put-on French accent that I was the infamous Ernest of free-French-publicity campaign. Is...
Quote: Too funny. BTW, Ernest, last time I was at the Sloane Hilditch store they had a brown shirt - no, really. I said to the sales lady, "But Brown Is For Farmer." She looked confused and must have assumed from my put-on French accent that I was the infamous Ernest of free-French-publicity campaign. Is it just me or is this whole joke getting a little tired?
Quote: I just checked a few of my shirts and found the following; 2 Holt Renfrew shirts with horizontal bottom button but stitched in white, 3 of 4 JP Tilford shirts (house brand for Harry Rosen) stitched vertically in yellow for bottom button and 1 Truzzi shirt with horizontal bottom button. Samuelsohn and Tilford are the same company so possibly this is Holt Renfrew's source of their house brand shirts. I wouldn't be surprised since they also carry Samuelsohn...
Well, thank you all for the replies. I guess it doesn't serve as an attachment hole or anything like that. But 'bigger hips on a man' doesn't really sound reasonable to me. Maybe for a more rotund gentleman, as JohnMS mentioned.
Gentlemen, forgive my ignorance, but this has piqued my interest. I just bought a shirt from Holt-Renfrew here in Ottawa, and noticed that the bottom buttonhole is horizontal (unlike the others) , and sown with red thread. This buttonhole would be pretty far down inside the pants, so I assumed it somehow serves to keep the shirt from coming out of the pants, but don't quite understand how. Any ideas?
I'm loving these. I'll give one of my more entertaining ones. This was at a local church, and a friend of the family saw me in a mildly metallic (give me a break, I was 17.) shirt under a black suit. It was really sunny outside and he looked at me and went 'Whoa. Now that's a shirt.' I smile and try to downplay it, but he goes on: 'So does it ever cause interference with electronics?' I laugh, but he keeps on going. 'That thing must have its own magnetic charge. Does...
Michel Chossudovsky comes to mind. He's very anti-, but his arguments are concise and objective, and extremely hard to argue against. This is probably because his work is very often just a frighteningly well-organized regurgitation of facts.
Quote: The feared eyes of the poor tortured animal, with his legs cut, without his fur and lying on other bloody half dead animals like him = horrible and spooky . I would have killed these guys if i had seen them doing this. This is unbelievable . Seriously.