or Connect

Posts by Demeter

So, in summary, the purpose of that red buttonhole is to provide the wearer with a small ostentatious display of style... in their pants.
I'll never forget seeing Fashion File for the first time when I was 12, and seeing a parka-style outfit made entirely out of Polish sausages. Needless to say, that particular florid display wasn't what got me interested in quality clothing. Koji, I just read that bio page of yours. You've performed with Baryshnikov? Wow. I really don't know very well how highly he's regarded here in North America, but from a Russian's perspective, that's very respectable.
Oh, man, it does have that resemblance. The thing is that this is quite sudden - just two or three years ago they had some very solid designs and patterns. None of this over-the-top haute couture bullshit. I remember walking into Morgante - a local menswear store - and seeing this pale cream pinstriped beauty for the first time, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Classical cut, great fabric. Terrific-looking suit, albeit infused with about as much handiwork as something...
Hmm.... Junior. Probably. I think Ed13 was right in asserting it was a Samuelsohn shirt.
Quote: you taking the mickey? Not at all. Living in Ottawa, I've never even *seen* a Hilditch shirt.
Just... wow. I remember seeing their (Versace Classic, to be specific) spring/summer line from a couple of years ago. I fell in love. What the hell happened?
Quote: That's nothing. I actually OWN a brown Hilditch shirt (thanks RJ Dad.). Lemme tell you, brown: it ain't just for farmer. No, lemme tell you. I envy you. And your dad.
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by meaculpa,June 09 2005,13:33 Quote: Originally Posted by dorian,June 09 2005,11:28 Too funny. BTW, Ernest, last time I was at the Sloane Hilditch store they had a brown shirt - no, really. I said to the sales lady, "But Brown Is For Farmer." She looked confused and must have assumed from my put-on French accent that I was the infamous Ernest of free-French-publicity campaign. Is...
Quote: Too funny. BTW, Ernest, last time I was at the Sloane Hilditch store they had a brown shirt - no, really. I said to the sales lady, "But Brown Is For Farmer." She looked confused and must have assumed from my put-on French accent that I was the infamous Ernest of free-French-publicity campaign. Is it just me or is this whole joke getting a little tired?
Quote: I just checked a few of my shirts and found the following; 2 Holt Renfrew shirts with horizontal bottom button but stitched in white, 3 of 4 JP Tilford shirts (house brand for Harry Rosen) stitched vertically in yellow for bottom button and 1 Truzzi shirt with horizontal bottom button. Samuelsohn and Tilford are the same company so possibly this is Holt Renfrew's source of their house brand shirts. I wouldn't be surprised since they also carry Samuelsohn...