or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by ernest,June 25 2005,22:42 What about comapring the size or the penis? Then these are the cuffllinks for you... It's five minutes later and I still laugh when my eyes pass over this topic. I actually have a single pair. A gift from my father. I've never really needed more than that so far, since I only got my first French cuff shirt two weeks ago. Before that, I'd wear a tux maybe a couple...
Looking at the work, it's pretty good, but for future reference, pay $95CDN and send them to my shop in Ottawa if you'd rather get back something spectacular. One of these days I'll post a before-and-after picture set.
Quote: thanks for the plug, i didn't put Kabert up to it, honest. part of the frustrating thing is most of the items in the clearance are going to net me MAYBE an average of 5% after expenses and most are money losers, but i have people asking if i can discount a st andrews blazer another $100. i guess that's part of it, but i imagine bluefly doesn't get requests like that, or maybe i'm too nice in that i actually reply with a friendly "can't do that". ...
If Dandy isn't a suitable name then maybe something along those same lines of meaning is what manton needs, albeit not as uhm... dated. Same goes for words like 'jaunty' and 'dapper.' I speak from a 20-year-old's perspective, and I can picture myself feeing a little metro when I bring it up to the cash at Chapters and have the cute girl with the auburn hair ring it through for me. So why not a word that conveys the same image or feeling but sounds a little more...
Quote: What a delight it must have been to open up the box and pull that out. It fits in all the right places--very nice the way the jacket collar hugs the back of the neck. Fits well through the waist and along the hips. Isn't the smile on his face in the last pic telling? It does look very nice, though. Any comments on fit and styling I will leave to those who are far more qualified than I to make them. But it does look gorgeous to me.
Gents, I was wondering if anyone had any links to shoemaking boards on the web. I found a forum a while back that had a myriad of information about this, but haven't been able to locate it since. Although it was mostly centered on cowboy bootmaking, there were a few shoemakers whose works looked (at least, from a superficial observation) like they could pass for anything the English masters produce. Anyone care to help me out? I know all you shoe fetishists have a link...
Quote: Quote: (Tokyo Slim @ June 17 2005,01:51) Anyone know who Bullock And Jones are? And maybe thusly, how old these shoes are? Bullock & Jones is a high end San Francisco retailer, recently relaunched, I believe. Congratulations on your amazing find. I've yet to see any shoes worth having on my thrift store visits. Yesterday's visit was a complete strike out on all counts, too. *sigh* Am I the only one that's annoyed that...
Quote: Don't feed the trolls. I think this is a tongue-in-cheek, incognito post by one of our current members.
Quote: Men, I implore you, drink a beer, grab a girl's butt, make fake farting noises, get your ass down to the record store (that's right, no downloading MP3's) and buy an AC/DC CD, wear faded Van Heusen slacks and stop getting your legs waxed. I shit you not; I actually did every single one of those things last night - minus the buying the AC/DC cd because the record store was closed. I also got a cop to testify that my temporary licence is, indeed,...
These magazines, I'm going to assume, are only printed in Japanese, right? I suppose the photos would be enough to cause salivation, in any case.