or Connect

Posts by Demeter

zjp, this is an absolute beauty. I think you made the right choice. I muchly prefer Patek's dress watches to their complications. The most aesthetic complications I've seen are those made by Ulysse Nardin and Vacheron Constantin.
Well, I suppose I can always trust Alex to embarrass me on *both* of the fora I frequent. Thanks for the kind words, everyone. j, actually, yeah, I'm working on article about the trade. I unfortunately had to run into a few (hundred) dead-ends in the past year and a half or so since there's no such thing on the market as a book titled "How to Make the World's Best Belts," so this would be a great thing to share. I now understand why many artisans and firms name each of...
Quote: Good habit: drive with your headlights and taillights on all the time. Do not rely on "daytime running lights" if your car doesn't turn on the rear lights. I can't tell you how many times I've seen or been in a near miss with a car that could have been visible if it had had its lights on. The marginal cost of doing this compared to the safety it adds is absolutely trivial. Plus, if you make it a habit, you will rarely forget to do it in the dark and get...
I was also under the impression that they employ artisans in various cities around the world where they have a presence. I know there was one 'maroquinier' in Montreal in their employ until his passing recently. Anyone have any additional info?
Ed, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? Last night I finished at around 5 in the morning. I didn't really want to go to bed. I certainly felt it today, though!
It's getting late. The blood-red display of my alarm clock reads a daunting 11:18. I've been at this thing for the last 13 hours. Tactical plans, marketing strategies, environmental analyses... It feels like Philip Cotler got stuck inside my head with a can of spraypaint and suddenly discovered his mischievous streak. What's worse is that my eyes are tired, and I'm out of coffee. Another few hours to go, unfortunately. But after a while it all starts to calm down....
Of all the places I went to in NYC, the Kiton boutique unfortunately wasn't one of them, which I'm regretting now. Feels like my kind of place.
Stay far away from it. If it's anything like the other self-shine creams I've looked at, it's properties stem from being pumped with more synthetic materials and chemicals than Courtney Love.
[quote=Teacher]Okay, who did you piss off? Everyone, apparently, since he has his own acronym. Here's my contribution: OMGWTFBBQ I haven't quite figured it out myself, yet.
God bless you, Mr. Mahon. As for that link... you gotta be kidding me. It's a joke, right? The last thing I will ever do is get involved in forum politics, but come on. You're kidding, right?