or Connect

Posts by Demeter

Hey, come on, now. It definitely isn't that bad. There are plenty of places to shop in Ottawa. I've no idea about the brands you're looking for, but besides HR, there are lots of places on Sparks and Sussex. I know Schad Blu carries 7 for all mankind, Nudie, and quite a few other brands. It's limited, of course, because a) it's a public service city (200,000 of the 700,000 people in Ottawa work for the government) and b) because it's small, but it's not the hole everyone...
The best corporate logos I've ever seen are actually all fictional. They're from a game called Eve (http://www.eve-online.com). Here's a sampling: So cool they're hot.
Matt, these are gorgeous. The suede cap looks incredibly soft. Is that monkstrap the shoe you sent to Sr. Lattanzi when it got scuffed?
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I always busted them (though I'm not a TA right now - postdocs just do research). Well, that's what I did, but I did give them a chance, since it is within my jurisdiction (apparently my faculty, in all its splendor and glory, holds us TAs in high esteem). I'm essentially giving them a conditional F until they redo the entire assignment the proper way. One of the guys was an international student from...
Oh, for ****'s sake, I just found another one. This is messed up.
globetrotter, that's what I'm trying to work out. I guess it's probably best to give the student another chance, but I don't know if I would be overstepping the bounds of my vocation if I were to do that. What a pain in the ass. I need to join the army. Probably less of this crap there, no?
So I'm correcting papers from a first-year business class (I'm a teaching assistant at my uni), and come across one paper that just doesn't quite fit... I can tell that the writing is not the student's, and so I just input the fishy sentence into the browser and surely enough it's copy-and-pasted right from the net, sans reference. My faculty requires that all assignments are attached with a signed statement of academic integrity, but being first-years I guess maybe...
Definitely not bragging. Gorgeous shoes. I have to avert my eyes for fear of falling in love, myself! D
Whoa, didn't even see this thread. Like whopee said, we do that kind of work. I should mention that I'm not the one that works on the shoes, though. I'm just managing my dad's company since he's one of those empassioned artisans that can't be bothered with trivial business matters. I should really get to reposting that Magli photoessay. Damn exam season!
Hey, GQ, good to see you're back on the forum. This sounds like a great little place. I'll make sure to pay a visit next time I'm in town. Can't wait to hear the results!