or Connect

Posts by r...

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 Mods should be more strict with people like Conne who just post for the sake of posting. My favorite is when he just goes into threads and posts a one liner that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. One example was when we were discussing poached eggs and he just posted "I like eggs scrambled." When you get thousands of posts like that it will bog down the system. New members should also be limited in their...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto That's dead technology. Buy cheap, and wait for the OLED's. LOL, OLED wont hit home TV use for another decade. Wait for 3D, thats the future, James Cameron said so and he made True Lies, so I believe him.
I will watch but only in hopes that Charlie Sheen's character is outed as a drug addled wife beater who dies in a fire.
How do you deal with depression? I cant get outta bed before noon. Lost another job. Had to take my daughter out of daycare because I cant afford it. Phone is next. Tired all time. Havent had health insurance in 8yrs so medication is out of the question. The hooch helps to dull things at night but I still cant still cant sleep and lower back pain when I wake up doesnt go away.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Maybe you were just expecting a bombastic performance, and got... subtlety. Not really, it was like expecting a portly middle aged "could be played by anyone" character and getting Gary Oldman. Like when Christopher Walken shows up in a movie for no expected reason.
Count me in as well. Never written an actual cover letter, if this actually helps get a job then...yeah
Quote: Originally Posted by binge Speculation around a hinged case to hook two ipads together like the OLPC XO-2 Wonderful in theory but that project has been shelved. Negorponte's M.O. is to threaten to make great products then watch as his renderings get implemented into actual consumer products while the actual products OLPC makes turn out to be turds for twice the originally quoted price. New Vid of the iPad in actiona via...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek It's not an e-reader though. The whole thing about e-readers is that they use e-ink. The point of kindle is to have entire books on there. It's to be able to read for long periods of time without eye strain. Most people just can't read an LCD in the same way that they can read a book, or an e-ink screen, which is incredibly easy on the eyes. I'm sure it will be fine for reading the NYT or the web, but there's not a...
Quote: Originally Posted by dusty Are you really this backward-thinking about technology? ... Apple's particular design choices aside, there's a reason why practically every hardware manufacturer out there is coming out with a tablet in 2010. I'm on the fence about picking this one up immediately or waiting to see more of the Courier. I haven't not wanted an apple product this bad since the cube. Every maker is coming out with a tablet...