or Connect

Posts by mink31

It is possible to shorten the sleeves from the cuff. My tailor cut a strip of cloth between the two bottom buttonholes (inside the sleeve), shortened the sleeve by the width of the strip by sewing together the two cut ends, and made a new buttonhole. The only evidence of sleeve-shortening is visible on the inside of the sleeve (it's just a new seam and new buttonhole).
As far as I'm aware, none of the Jermyn St. shirtmakers fuse their collars. I would assume Coles to do the same.
Anyone know where I can find APC in the Detroit area? I've tried Peasant in Birmingham, but they've got me on hold until they get the fall shipment. Thanks.
The best-tasting protein powder by far is Whey-Vantage (sold at GNC). The same stuff can also be found online under the label American Whey for cheaper. I bought the chocolate, mix it with milk, and honestly look forward to drinking a shake every day. It also appears to be all-natural with no artificial sweeteners, etc.
I just got the all-leather ones from the J.Crew sale and so far they are the most uncomfortable footwear I own. For anyone that has leather flip flops, how long did it take to break them in (or a nice callous to form between your toes )?
Is their 50% off deal still going on? Even though the sale 3 weeks ago is over, it seems that the suits at half-off are worth a try.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andre Yew BTW, be careful with that J. Crew jacket: it's got sewed-on elbow patches. I think that will make it significantly less versatile. If it didn't have the patches, I think it would go with lots of things: many clothing items like motorcycle jackets, polos, polo coats, jeans, etc. are worn well outside their original environment. --Andre What's so awful about leather patches? I can remove them pretty...
One of my major concerns with T&A is I find their double cuffs to be too tight for my watch. Granted, it's not a slim Patek Philippe, but it is pretty inconvenient to have to keep pulling the cuff to cover it up. maybe that's why prince charles is always fidgeting with his cuffs?? Also, I'm not a big fan of their "distinctive" collar--the points are a little too long and it looks ridiculous when worn open without a tie. If given the choice, I'd pick Hilditch over...
I was surprised to see it myself. I followed a link posted on here last week and it worked....check the site out--there were many things in lots of sizes marked down significantly.
I've long been a fan of English hacking jackets: ticket pocket, side vents, hourglass shape, wool tweed, etc. Now that I've finally picked this one up from J. Crew (http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...d=prod71855671), I wonder what would be the most appropriate environment for wearing it. Unfortunately, I am neither an English country gentleman nor do I ride horses. However, I am still in my 20s and I think that I can get away with breaking some rules. Where, when,...