or Connect

Posts by tj100

I would say that the creasing is really abnormal. In the photo, is your foot flat, or are you flexing it as though to walk? If flat, that's really bizarre. On the scuff issue, I might say that the Lobb museum finish does scuff relatively easily, and I've had a similar scuff to yours (almost a tear). I've had really good results buffing and polishing mine out to be almost unnoticeable, but not perfect. I'm not sure what to tell you - I've got the same pair (black...
Coach's poll is out; it's an Alabama / LSU final! For OSU to move ahead of Alabama in the BCS standings, they'll need to flip at least one computer and be an almost unanimous #2 in the Harris poll. Not going to happen.
To refine it a little bit more, it's also two picks from:Kansas State OR Oklahoma OR BaylorVirginia TechBoise StateMichiganOnly one of the Big XII teams can be picked.
The other thing is that Virginia Tech is 11-2, but both losses are to the same team (Clemson). I can't see 11-2 Virginia Tech slipping below Baylor (9-3) in the polls.The Sugar Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl are going to have a tough time with their picks. Its just a very small pool to work with, especially if TCU doesn't qualify. It's also somewhat complicated by the question of who plays LSU in the title game. If it's OSU, and TCU doesn't move up to #16, then the Sugar and...
The automatic bid rules require that non-AQ schools be the champion of their conference, and TCU won the Mountain West. Boise State is eligible for an at-large bid, but not an automatic bid.
TCU gets an automatic bid if they move into the Top 16. The rankings currently are:12. South Carolina (Idle)13. Michigan State (Lost to Wisconsin)14. Georgia (Lost to LSU)15. Wisconsin (Beat MSU)16. Michigan (Idle)17. Baylor (Beat Texas)18. TCU (Beat UNLV)19. Nebraska (Idle)20. Clemson (beat Virginia Tech)#6 Houston is also a factor, because they may well fall ten places after losing to Southern Miss. The question at hand is whether TCU can move up two slots this week....
Michigan / Stanford would be a pretty appealing bowl from a ticket sales + marketing perspective, and probably a pretty terrible game. It would probably also have the added benefit of antagonizing the Rose Bowl by daring to stage a "Classic" Pac 8 vs. Big 10 matchup.If things were equitable (which we know they are not), Stanford should play Boise State (almost definitely the best eligible team). I have mixed feelings about Virginia Tech - on the one hand, they just got...
I'm assuming we have to wait for the big "BCS Extravaganza" show tonight.My Bowl Picks:Rose: Oregon (Pac12 Champion) vs. Wisconsin (Big 10 Champion) (this one is actually contractually committed under the BCS Agreement)Fiesta: Stanford (At Large) vs. Virginia Tech? (At Large)Sugar: Alabama (At Large) vs. TCU (Non-AQ Auto Invite)Orange: Clemson (ACC Champion) vs. West Virginia (Big East Champion)Championship Game: LSU (BCS #1) vs. Oklahoma State (BCS #2)This is a pretty...
But they can't play defense.
Very, very little doubt. The thing that I most dislike about the rematch scenario is that if Alabama beats LSU, especially if it's close, I still think LSU is the best team this year. I've seen both teams play a lot of games, and there's really no question in my mind that LSU is the best team in the country this year.I've also found the "big" SEC matchups this year to be some of the most boring football games of the year, and I'm not particularly looking forward to another...