or Connect

Posts by tj100

I stopped the Gilt after I ordered something that came with a manufacturers' tag on it with an "MSRP" - for exactly what I paid on Gilt, and a fraction of the Gilt 'advertised' MSRP. The quality was not close to the full-price version, but with that return policy, what can you do?
Shop around on hotels; I used to travel to BH about three times a month. Initially, the Beverly Hilton was my go-to, b/c it's convenient and reliably decent. However, you'll find that if you shop around, you can stay at MUCH better places for the same price. It got to the point where I was staying at the Four Seasons or the Beverly Hills Hotel for the same price as the Hilton, and they really aren't comparable places.
Do you recall what the Woodbury outlet price was? And did they have any of the new(ish) roadster 'lights'?
Vivre.com has the roadster on sale right now. Neiman Marcus has a couple, but in oddball sizes and colors.
Quote: Originally Posted by Another New Yorker Kabbaz makes without a doubt absolutely super shirts and sweaters, I have been a customer--He is a great guy, and the service I have received is impeccable. I agree with all of that. I really like everything I've ever bought from him, and his service has been impeccable. At the same time, his reaction here gives me pause. Probably not enough that I wouldn't do business with him in the future -...
Quote: Originally Posted by jcriswel On the other hand, I do not like Alex's authoritarian manner. He needs to tone that down. Hopefully, Andy will nicely mention something to him about his role as a moderator. I think good moderators are like officials in the NFL - they need to control the situation but let the players play. I'm actually surprised at how Alex is playing this off. I have been a customer of his, but his reaction here is...
Fairway & Greene would be my first choice. Maybe Paul & Shark; do they have a golf line?
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur Usually it's total bullshit - they estimate and sometimes call/mail the business to confirm information, but if they don't get confirmation, i think they just go ahead and publish the estimate. As a former business owner, I remember getting those types of calls. But they'll report it as an 'estimate' - which should be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes they do actually have full financials. They're...
Buy a Dun and Bradstreet report on them. D&B has a record on pretty much every company in the US, with varying degrees of accuracy. It will give a lot of the detail your looking for (potentially as much as complete financial statements). Hoovers actually gets a lot of their data (like the revenue # you got) from D&B.
Quote: Originally Posted by Davidko19 Its kind of a moot point since the girl I work with is at the same agency I am, same title, same position, sits next to me and has the same structure... I can only really compare myself to her now that i know how much she makes. (Note: there is a third girl on the same set up as us. I wouldnt seriously ask her but now I wonder if she is on my level or this other girls???) The people to go bananas at...