or Connect

Posts by tj100

Quote: Originally Posted by TheD0n "Started prepartion for the exam" surely can not violate any ethics standards. However, I can see how "candidate" could violate some codes. You could say "started preparation for the exam" if you don't use the letters "CFA" anywhere - but then, what would be the point? They're hyper-protective of the trademark, and very specific about how you can use the letters.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheD0n I am broke so I don't plan on taking the exam unless my employer will cover the $1100 cost. Then I believe that listing it at all is a violation of the CFA ethics standards. It's been a while since I finished up the program (2005), but as I recall, there are very specific ways that you're 'allowed' to reference the CFA on a resume, and I don't believe that you're allowed to present yourself as a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Benzito The Pac-10 had one bad year in ten . . . ignoring USC's dominance over the past several years, don't forget that UO went to two BCS bowls, OSU went to one (and is regularly ranked and heads to mid-level bowls), Cal has done well, and UA is finally coming around. The Pac-10 is a BCS conference, so every year one of their teams is going to go to a BCS game. Only twice has a Pac-10 team earned an at-large bid...
Quote: Originally Posted by Benzito Biggest losers in all of this are the Pac-10 schools. Smarty-pants commissioner who didn't have any college sports background took this thing like a hostile business takeover and now the Pac-10 is f*cked - why compete with 10 or 11 teams instead of 9? The Pac-10 was teetering on the verge of irrelevance, with its one national contender facing a new coach, lost scholarships, and a bowl ban. It finished last...
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero NU averages about 5-8 Texas recruits a year. For the same reason the SEC can't get into Texas, Nebraska won't be able to stay in Texas. I think the 'Texas recruiting' factor is way overplayed. The best players in Texas will almost always stay in Texas (and play for UT or A&M). There are a couple of exceptions every year, but for 2010, 15 of the top 20 Texas recruits are going to Texas or...
Just a quick question on these two colors for anybody who has experience with both - how close is JLP 'Chestnut Museum' to Edward Green 'Chestnut'. Obviously, the EG isn't going to have the same finish, but how close is the color itself? I'm looking for a belt to match a pair of shoes, and I'd like it to be close, but not too close...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi really? i guess my eyes/monitor misled me....dammit, time to stock up on museum calf then i actually have a Towcester and a Luffield in brown museum that i had not worn, but was thinking about putting up on the B&S block...if museum calf is going the way of the dinosaur then i guess i won't be selling these If they are my size, I would really prefer it if you put them on the B&S block...
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou Nicole informed me that misty calf is very similar to museum calf in person. That's what they tell you in the store, but if you have them put the two shoes side-by-side, it's not close. The color is very close, the depth/tone is not.
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi BTTT, i loved museum calf. all but one of my non-black Lobbs are in that finish. but misty seems pretty comparable Misty is a pretty big difference from museum. IMHO, the museum was much more interesting and gave the shoes some character; misty is pretty much regular calf.
Quote: Originally Posted by jreigen That would make sense to me, but all the "Ebay items ending in one day..., ending in an hour..., new stuff listed on Ebay..." posts seem like overkill. Also makes sense to me, and I don't think it's a big deal to post - once - a link to a bunch of ebay stuff, especially if there's a SF discount of some kind. That's effectively the same as a single listing. But given the strictness with which 'bumps' are...