or Connect

Posts by Station

I vote for an alpaca shag collar.
I find it curious that the men in Streetwear are generally far more attractive. It's a pity they waste it on jeans and T-shirts.
Quote: Originally Posted by cimabue I can't warm up to a duffel, either. 'Can't put my finger on the reason why. I mean, I came around to liking the monkstrap shoe so you'd think it would be a short hop. Maybe it's my dislike for General Montgomery. It's just too casual and trad (at least in the US) for me. I often cherry pick from the trad world, but the duffel would simply look odd when paired with 95% of my outfits. I'll leave it to the guys...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZON_JR Corfam is your friend. Florshiem used it on wingtips, oxfords, loafers during the 70's, and you'll find a ton of it on Ebay. Just look for the key word "cordovan". Er...
Only one I'd take issue with is #2. This is where sprezzatura becomes spazzatura.
Nothing wrong with a bit of tie band. Good for what ails you.
I have a deep-seated dislike for peacoats, overcoats, leather coats... A mac and a barbour — the right quilted jacket, perhaps — are just about the only pieces of outerwear I care for. Duffel coats are okay, just not very me.
Your good ol' Labor Day rule applies.
Probably about half an inch too long. For me, at least.
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart you tube fail. who "got it right"? It's working fine for me. It's the New York Dolls, with "Jet Boy".