or Connect

Posts by Station

Some of the best off the top of my head I could find: Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - "I Gotta Dance to Keep from Crying" IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded...
Gelassenheit speaks the truth. Although, I thought Time Trumpet never quite reached its potential. The Thick of It, Brass Eye, The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge, The League of Gentlemen, Phoenix Nights — all just about the best comedy shows, either side of the Atlantic, of the past 15 years.
I vote for an alpaca shag collar.
I find it curious that the men in Streetwear are generally far more attractive. It's a pity they waste it on jeans and T-shirts.
Quote: Originally Posted by cimabue I can't warm up to a duffel, either. 'Can't put my finger on the reason why. I mean, I came around to liking the monkstrap shoe so you'd think it would be a short hop. Maybe it's my dislike for General Montgomery. It's just too casual and trad (at least in the US) for me. I often cherry pick from the trad world, but the duffel would simply look odd when paired with 95% of my outfits. I'll leave it to the guys...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZON_JR Corfam is your friend. Florshiem used it on wingtips, oxfords, loafers during the 70's, and you'll find a ton of it on Ebay. Just look for the key word "cordovan". Er...
Only one I'd take issue with is #2. This is where sprezzatura becomes spazzatura.
Nothing wrong with a bit of tie band. Good for what ails you.
I have a deep-seated dislike for peacoats, overcoats, leather coats... A mac and a barbour — the right quilted jacket, perhaps — are just about the only pieces of outerwear I care for. Duffel coats are okay, just not very me.
Your good ol' Labor Day rule applies.