or Connect

Posts by Station

Our Friends in the North is still the dramatic jewel in the BBC's crown, blending the personal and the political like nothing since.
Peter, Paul and Tweedy
She's clearly in her 20s. It's Edmorel's eyes that are old.
Let It Tweed Tweed 2: Cruise Control
Quote: Originally Posted by modern_leifeng I'd love to see how people under 35 are rocking this sweater, while some things can be taken out of the country (or in this case off the boats), I don't know, just not sure how to pull this off in the city. I'll be pairing it with a pink OCBD and khakis or cords. Honour its preppy history.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum You understand my grammar quite well. I was responding to this Ah, my mistake. Well, I assume, were Roxy's next album and single (which had better materialise bloody soon) to go in at #9, Label King wouldn't hold it against them.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum If roxy music's latest album came into top 10 contemporary, would they still be tasteful? I don't quite get the grammar of your question. From the outset, with "Virginia Plain", they nearly always graced the top 10. They were far from a cult band. And, while I do agree with Label King that the first four albums are essential, and the lounge lizard/lonely aristo act becomes quite tired past those four, to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart The Boys are one of the best punk bands ever. Without the campy glam of their previous incarnation, they're far less intriguing. Sub-Sham 69 pub punk.
My greatest and latest punk discovery was the chiefly British Hollywood Brats. A European New York Dolls, really. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by aeglus If it's mediocre picture day then I guess I'll post mine up. Mostly just a fit pic of the new boots. Also wasn't going to bother posting but whatever. Keep it up and you could be governor of California in 12 or so years.