or Connect

Posts by wingin' it

6.1 miles tonite. Still windy w 30mph winds and bigger gusts, but an easy run. Stayed in some neighborhoods w/ hills and bigger homes. Helped block some wind.I'm 49 this summer.
9.6 miles tonite w/ some speed work, or at least an attempt at it. 30 mph winds w/ gusts up to 40. Flew when w/ the wind, leaned forward and worked my ass off going against it to even get any semblance of speed.
6.1 mile tonite. This week is the top of my training cycle for mileage. Saturday will put me 3 weeks out from race day. NOBD - Great job with run and celebration day. Going the whole year and hitting good mileage will keep you enjoying the run more than the smoke. You will also repair your body. I quit 7 years ago after smoking a pack a day for 26 years. I took an MVO2 max stress test and had a heart scan done this year. The doc found nothing to indicate that I had ever...
17 miles of technical trails today.
5.2 miles today.
6.9 tonite
8.4 miles tonite w/ hill repeats. A bit more than Jumpin' Jack Flash.
8 miles tonite. Wore a pair of Hoka Bondi 3's. Never been a fan of the look and size, but tried them tonite. Seemed a bit heavy and very rigid, but I ran as fast as normal as felt decent running in them. Jury is still out, but I may keep them for easy days.
6.2ish trail miles. Was going to go for an easy 100 minute run but got into a 10k trail race instead.
5 this am