or Connect

Posts by wingin' it

5.3 miles today.
7.7 miles today.Good idea. Knee should heal or you won't be doing any ultras in the near future. That 70M race w/ 40K elevation would need a lot of training and a bum knee won't get you to the finish. It's about too late to train starting now for a race like that in spring.
8 mile trail run. Tried out the Inov8 GTX 282 Roclites. Great waterproof trail shoes. Lightweight, flexible, good traction. I was in anything from 6 inches of unpacked snow to packed down snow on my run.
6.1 total miles today. Ran in am and then did a workout later on the incline trainer. While I am going to spend more time then I ever have on a treadmill this winter, I'm trying to keep it interesting. Did a workout this evening and got in 1227 ft gain in 30 min. My quest to become a mountain goat this winter. Should help the trail races next year.Awesome, great to run in new places overseas. Always exciting.
4.5 miles tonite
3.1 easy miles today. Took a few days off after the ultra and then caught the flu or something for the last few days. Today was starting to feel better and wanted to get a run in. Easy 5K just to get back into things and see how I felt. No problems, so should be able to ramp things back up. Plan to stay around 25-ish miles and just keep a light base for about a month and then start getting ready for Boston. I'm now in the upper part of Wisconsin, so we have lots of snow...
45 miles today. Ran the Icebox 480 today. 480 was minutes of the race, so an 8hour run. First time running a timed event rather than a distance. The course was all single track and reasonably technical, but not terrible. Lots of roots, some rocks, some off chamber, and lots of rolling hills for some good elevation changes. Really a nice course to run. Loops were 7 miles and then if you finished a loop in the final hour, then you went to the 1 mile loop course. Had to...
4.5 miles tonite
Nope. Not in Hoka's or AE's. Northern WI now, now MI. Just Wings / MI sports fan (Dad from there).
6 pair is a good start and could lead to bigger things. Get into trails too and it will grow. I would be a bit embarrassed to say just how many running shoes I own. I'll leave it at I have 9 or 10 pair of Inov8 alone.Speaking of new shoes, I've been part of our Hoka discussions and in the minority that didn't like them. Just tried the latest Clifton model and very impressed w lt weight and cushioning. Still not very flexible is my only complaint but a good shoe.8.4 miles...