or Connect

Posts by wingin' it

9.4 miles of more DC exploring. Fairly hot. A guy ruuning across the bridge coming toward me fell flat on his face. A few of us helped him up and gave him some water. Big raspberry on his chin. I think the heat got to him and he just went down.
7.3 miles around our nations Capital and monuments. Out here in DC celebrating getting old.
5.2 miles
9.2 miles
4.5 miles today
8.4 miles on the trails today. Nice day.Any snake on the trail will get your attention pretty quickly. When I ran my 100K in Kansas, about 30 miles into it I was on some single track in a field w/ lots of brush and high grass. 10 ft up the trail was a rattlesnake that the only reason I saw him was he moved into the X position as he saw me coming. Scared the shit out of me. I stopped, told him I'm going to take a couple big steps around the trail, and would appreciate it if...
6.3 miles today. Got a pair of NB Vazee and tried them out today. I like them. Light, good feel, ran well in them. Not a fan of fresh foam and these have a different foam.
7.4 miles today
4.4 easy miles today. Took the week off to recover after the race and felt great today. Will ramp up over the next couple weeks and do about 20-25 this week, 30-35 next week, then start to train for Flatrock 50K coming up in Sept.I love Inov-8 for trail runs. I own more of their shoes than any other. Probably about 8 pair of them right now and just ordered the Terraclaw to try out. There running shoes are very minimal connected to the ground. I don't like them to run in...
Tough race Blah. Crewing all night and then hitting a tough 100K might not be the way to go next time. Hard enough distance without the extra issues. My own race report from last Saturday: Ran a 50K that I had planned to break 6 hours and have a good race. My old course and trail area. Way too much rain leading up to the race moved the course to all bridle trails and also added .8 miles to each loop to put each loop at just over 11 miles. To add to the beat up course, it...