or Connect

Posts by wingin' it

5.2 miles tonite.If no other options for hills / elevation, do 90 - 120 second intervals on what ever incline you can find. Not the same as running long hills but will be a reasonable alternative. Warm up w/ a few miles, intervals, then a few miles of cool down.
9-ish miles on a Sunday trail run, 6.1 Monday, and 7.7 miles tonite.
4.0, 6.0, 6.2, and 5.3 miles this week.
4.3 miles yesterday. SirG - no experience about the bakers cyst but what causes it to stop you running if no pain or blood flow issues and no follow up planned?
5.1 miles today for the first run since Pikes Peak. Took 2 weeks off for some rest. Been a big year of miles and races so far this year.
Yes. It's tough when you get to 12000 ft and have 3 miles to go. It's a real death march for most people (me included). I could breath reasonably but the leg muscles felt like they had no energy. You get a bit dizzy as well. Plus you have people going up and down on the single track at that level.The view for most of the race is worth the trip and training. I'll post a few pics when I get back.Another crazy run in manitou springs is the incline run. Look that one up. .8...
26.3 miles today finishing the Pikes Peak marathon. A real ass-kicker.
4.3 mile easy run today. Off tomorrow and race PP Sunday morning (and some of the afternoon).
9.1 miles w some intervals yesterday. Today off.
5.3 rainy miles today.