or Connect

Posts by StockwellDay

GREAT question. The only shoes I've ever paid full price for (post SF) were Carmina in Paris. I loved the styling on the rain last (1/2 calf 1/2 suede) in a brandy color. Going to be great for fall. I rarely see Carmina on eBay and never in US, so I thought, why not. Plus, I feel like Carmina's are still a solid "deal" at full price for what you get.
If you're happy with the neighborhood, you have a great deal for the price. Oh yeah, and as long as the roommate situation stays positive.
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I think I paid more for each of these than any other ties I own. I buy almost all of my ties on sale. But these were purchased for me as gifts from my wife and kids. They paid full price because they probably didn't want me to think I was a cheapskate.
Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal If you read my original post, I was asking who had the tie or had seen it. I think it's quite clear that Hermes ties are not a big favorite of mine. Nor am I justifying anything, I'm just reacting to the usual Style Forum crap being thrown around. Honest opinion is one thing, but nonsensical flaming is quite another. word
I can't wait to hear some of the opinions on these... I like them. They are whimsical. I don't think you'd want to wear them in more serious situations, but for an average day in the office they are fine. I do find them ubiquitous, however, and since coming to SF (and being indoctrinated by group think) I buy mostly woven, neat patterns and paisleys. I still wear my Ferragamos and Brooks, but not as often.
A turning point? One can hope. ----- Gunfire Erupts After Iraq Soccer Win By BUSHRA JUHI The Associated Press Sunday, July 29, 2007; 1:31 PM BAGHDAD -- Defying orders from authorities, revelers fired celebratory gunshots and poured into the streets after Iraq beat Saudi Arabia to clinch its first Asian Cup soccer championship on Sunday. Mosques broadcast calls to stop the shootings, which killed at least four people. Security forces enforced a vehicle ban...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Gmail is approximately 34897234511239034225 times better than Hotmail. I didn't think people still used Hotmail.
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 The Ralph Lauren store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago has the black C&J monk in 9D and the black C&J Chelsea boot in 8.5D on super sale as well as a few sizes in a few other shoes. The sales guy thought the extra thirty percent was over, but I talked him into it, and walked out with the Herend in black for a fantastic price. Black derby is not the most useful shoe, but I think it will be fun to wear. I...
What about half suede / half calf -- should those count as .5?
HF & Hicky don't seem interested in selling "short" sizes through their website.