or Connect

Posts by mcmillin

Quote: Originally Posted by tripp mcmillin, it's quite a coincidence that i find your post tonight! I'm cleaning out my closet and debating the future of some JAB items in there. I'm a bit of a novice here and wonder indeed about JAB quality. I must say first, tho, I can't understand why everything's so big! I just measured my signature suit jacket point to point; it's bigger than a 1997 Nautica suit my parents bought me when I was in college. (Yes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tripp mcmillin, it's quite a coincidence that i find your post tonight! I'm cleaning out my closet and debating the future of some JAB items in there. I'm a bit of a novice here and wonder indeed about JAB quality. I must say first, tho, I can't understand why everything's so big! I just measured my signature suit jacket point to point; it's bigger than a 1997 Nautica suit my parents bought me when I was in college. (Yes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by azlawstudent It was a non-silk fabric around 20-30 years ago that lost a big trademark fight over its name. It contained neither silk nor any other natural fiber. Oh...haha. Well, it's not that... Sorry I missed your reference.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I have purchased a sport coat there. After wearing my coat a couple of times, I started to feel like I was getting poked by something in my shoulder. I looked, and it seemed the shoulder was constructed with what amounts to fishing line. What's up with that? It may have been a "thread" from part of the chest piece. there is a piece that is made of a rough weave of coarse fibers...or, if you had any...
Quote: Originally Posted by azlawstudent I guess you've never heard of Real Silk... I guess not. Care to enlighten me?
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 I owned a Jos Bank glen plaid suit which had the best pattern matching I have ever come across with the like. I actually won 2nd place in a pattern matching contest wearing that suit (crappy camera phone pics kept me from first). I must admit I didn't know anything about pattern matching contests, but I'm glad you did so well, haha.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr T Can you do something about that man's voice on your never ending sales commercials? If I hear his enthusiastic voice one more time I may have a stroke. Also, can I borrow your employee discount on a pair of AE cordovan? Believe me...all of our in-store associates are in agreement about the voice-over guy for the commercials. We make fun of him all the time, haha. JOOOSEPH! A! BANK! As for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DoubleDomer i like jos a bank for certain items. i find their pants fit my body type well. the traveler shirts are workhorses although i readily opt for a lewin if one is clean and pressed. i find the suitings not as bad as some people here (with fatter wallets and trimmer body types). i DO however have an issue with their pricing practices. i think much of the ill will expressed by some forumites has to do with perceived...
Quote: Originally Posted by Closer What makers does JAB use to manufacture the various lines of suits? Since all of our suits are private label, we use workshops all over the world to manufacture our pieces. You won't find the same suit under another label anywhere. We usually try to source the best quality workroom we can find near the mill that is weaving the fabric to lower cost. You will find suits made in Brazil, Mexico, France, China,...
Quote: Originally Posted by azlawstudent Is it true that Jos Bank ties are made from Real Silk? Yes. All of our ties are 100% silk (mostly Italian silk). There are 3 levels of quality - Our regular JoS. A. Bank line is all silk, lines with our logo fabric and most are hand-finished. Our Signature line is all Italian silk, self-tipped, and most are hand-sewn. Our Signature Gold line are all Italian silk, hand-sewn, and individually numbered...