or Connect

Posts by mcmillin

Quote: Originally Posted by southbound35 mcmillin, I was at a JAB store just yesterday looking for some casual socks to match some chinos. I planned to buy 2 pairs of a taupe color and 2 pairs of an olive color. There was a 3 for $30 promotion going on the socks and the salesman wouldn't (said he couldn't) sell the fourth pair at the discounted rate. As a customer, I find this very frustrating. I would understand that I couldn't buy 2 pairs for $20...
Quote: Originally Posted by glowell222 I have a question about the traveler's crease in the trousers. What is it exactly and how is it done? Quote: Originally Posted by wstewart03 Wondering the exact same thing. I imagine I would want a crease at all times on some of my pants, but wondering if I would want the residual effects, if there are any. The Traveler Crease is a silicone product that is applied in a very...
Quote: Originally Posted by marc237 I find Jos. A. Bank to be fine for sports clothes and have found decent golf wear. I have found some of the fabrics in the sports clothes to be a bit heavier than I would prefer. I also did well with a slim cut summer weight wool/linen suit. For me, the basic problem is that the fabrics on all but the most top end business suits feel stiff and slightly unpleasant. At the Jos. A. Bank price point, I would rather...
Quote: Originally Posted by goodall mcmillin, very impressive that you are answering these questions. My question has to do with incredible collar shrinkage in your executive (not Traveler) dress shirts. I bought three 15.5 neck size shirts. I returned them to the JAB store and when the rep measured the neck size, they had shrunk to 14.75 inches after about three months of ownership. Though I take shirts to a laundry, I have never has any dress shirt...
Quote: Originally Posted by soupcxan mcmillian - are there any JAB suits that are cut slimmer than your standard template? I heard that the "Joseph" suit might be slimmer - but the store I went into said they didn't carry it so I couldn't try it on. To give you an idea of my size, last year I bought some JAB suit separates in a 37 jacket and 32 pants. Even then, the shoulders in the jacket are too big (the 36 jacket was too short and too tight). Do you...
Quote: Originally Posted by onix First, I don't own anything from JAB, so I don't comment on the quality. But here are some reasons that deter me from buying anything from JAB, I hope that you can clear things up: - Pricing practice: Let me use an example to illustrate my point. A blazer costs $500 originally -> with current BOGO deal, I have 2 for $500 -> with $100 off $500, I now have 2 for $400 -> with 20% corporate discount, I now have 2 for $320. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by onix First, I don't own anything from JAB, so I don't comment on the quality. But here are some reasons that deter me from buying anything from JAB, I hope that you can clear things up: - Pricing practice: Let me use an example to illustrate my point. A blazer costs $500 originally -> with current BOGO deal, I have 2 for $500 -> with $100 off $500, I now have 2 for $400 -> with 20% corporate discount, I now have 2 for $320. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk Do you ever have shirts in weird sizes like 14.5/34? I'm gawky as fuck. GRR! Our 14.5 stops @ 33. Come in to one of our stores, though, and try one on...It might work - I hope we can do something for you.
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnGalt PS: Kudos to the OP, hope you don't get beaten up too badly. Thanks, HAHA...I'm taking it like a man - like a man that takes it, I guess. damn...
I also thought it might be useful for me to post a progression of our lines...from low to high end...with (current - May '09) prices: Summer Suits (Poplin/Seersucker) $350-$395 Trio (one jacket with one matching pant and one coordinating pant...wear as a suit or sportcoat and trousers) $595 Business Express* (Suit Separates) ~ Pant + Jacket $550 Executive* ~ $550 Traveler (Suit Separates) ~ Pant + Jacket $695 Signature (Suit Separates)* ~ Pant + Jacket...