or Connect

Posts by mcmillin

Quote: Originally Posted by JibranK Why do your commercials seem like they were designed by shady used car dealers? I mute the tv/change the channel whenever one comes on. The radio ads are just as bad. Those of us that work in-store hate them just as much. I'm the first to ridicule the JO!seph A! BANK! man when I hear him on TV, haha. I'd say hit mute instead of changing the channel...we've been having some amazing promotions lately -...
Quote: Originally Posted by RatherAnOddball McMillin - The JAB nearest me is fairly large, yet they simply don't stock any suits or sport coats in short. Isn't that nuts? I'd buy JAB at typical discount prices if you just brought up the armscyes. I can't stand the way a heavy shoulder and a low armscye makes my jacket sleeve pull back whenever I don't have my hands down at my sides. A lot of people are saying that the prices are rather high for what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberty Ship Thanks for this thread, mcmillin. I've settled in to the Joseph line and am very happy with the quality and fit. I also have a couple of Signature Golds; and some poplin suits for summer, which I got for $99 each! I have a question about your formal wear. You have the classics: peak lapels and shawl collars, both of which can be hard to find, especially at a reasonable price. I have one of your shawls. But...
Quote: Originally Posted by Al_Merick Question regarding alterations: I just purchased two suits earlier today, in fact, along with a sport coat. The store had to order one of the suits from the factory in my size so I did not proceed with any alterations. I saw a few posts back that you mentioned prices for alterations performed. The salesmen did not mention I would have to pay for any alterations, aside from having the trousers re-cut to remove the...
I can't figure out how to post images...any help? Here is a link to a picture of the offer that starts tomorrow (5-13-09) in the meantime. http://www.flickr.com/photos/29228652@N00/3527043324/
Quote: Originally Posted by wstewart03 On the pants, what are the sales that normally come around? Anything coming up soon? Right now all dress trousers are buy one get one free. That should be the offer for a while.
Quote: Originally Posted by Orsini Can you tell me: do they come with brace buttons? Our new models being made now do not automatically come with brace buttons. It's gonna be a crapshoot whether yours does or not. Our tailors will always add them if you want them, though. (So many people don't use them - or even know what they are for.)
For all asking about Signature Platinum, here is the official product description... Description: Made in Italy of super fine super 150's Italian fabric. Full canvas chest for added comfort, form and appearance. The lining is 100% Jacquard Bemberg, semi roped shoulder expression. Detailed pick stitching on the lapel, front edge flap, and welt edge. Side vented model with interior arm shields. Trouser is a 2 pleat model with a split v finish on the back center waist...
Quote: Originally Posted by dirk diggler lets talk slacks. I need some new slacks for summer and fall. what;s the pricing/styling run?? We have 2 lines of trousers available in stores. Both lines are available in 10-12 solid colors in year-round wool gabardine along with several seasonal patterns. In the Signature you will find some seasonal, tropical weight fabrics, too. They have button-through pockets on the back and are half-lined to...
Quote: Originally Posted by polar-lemon 1. Are you sure that the pic stitching really hand done? You find pic stitching on really inexpensive suits, Zara for example, that is completely machine done. I would find it very anomalous for a retail $795 suit that is on perma-sale to have such significant hand work. 2. Does the Platinum, then, have a canvas front? 1. The Signature Gold and Platinum ($1095+) are the ones with the pic stitching,...