Posts by M. Bardamu

Invites are open again but closing soon...
Back in my youthful days, a friend of mine was asked to stay after class for his presentation on Pakistan -- his owlish crazy white lady teacher thought a reference to "barfi" was hurtful...
Quote: Originally Posted by sinnedk maybe this needs to be added to the rules in B&S... just so ppl dont complain in future A first-to-pay rule is a bit problematic for us forrinners, since many listings state something like "CONUS shipping is included/$5/etc., international bidders contact me for shipping".
That's bizarre...when I lived in Riyadh, conspicuous flaunting of gold watches, rings, bracelets (thick and manly) and fountain pens was definitely the norm among Saudi males in business settings. Necklaces were always a bit of a no-no, however.
Quote: Originally Posted by Geoff Gander I'm in Ottawa and the BB we're supposed to be getting is years away, probably. WAT
Quote: Originally Posted by Quadcammer 14 drop....holy shit That's Kunk territory...
A bit of nostalgia: who remembers the Club Monaco Cafe, back when CM in the Eaton Centre used to be near where H&M is now (outside Sears)?
This thread is one of those crossing-the-Rubicon moments for Reevolving, similar to Mr. Moo's proclamation of departure. Either Rome falls, or you must. Alea iacta est.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark Stone Thanks a lot guys. This is exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't crazy about the shoes, but I didn't know why I didn't like them. They just bugged me. Now I know, square toe = no. Sucks, I will feel weird wearing them today. I have never, EVER had clothes that fit. I know I should probably have stuff tailored, but I can't really afford it at the moment. I've had 3 suits total, and they are all tight at the...
Bongo is a pretty good service for shipping transborder. I ordered a Gandia Blasco rug from a U.S. online retailer (that didn't ship to Canada) and had it sent to Bongo's warehouse in Connecticut for forwarding to my home here...they mismarked the value as $270 (instead of $2700) so I got hit with minimal customs charges. Of course, you do pay for the service, but it's pretty reasonable. They'll also hold stuff until you've got a big enough package to make shipping...