or Connect

Posts by M. Bardamu

Well, the idea was that with more LE resources and social programs, the environment that fosters violent crime would be less prevalent. Hence, fewer criminals, leading to less Americans feeling they needed guns at home for defense.
Sadly, we still have drunk drivers, even though they fuck up, kill kids, and lose their house and retirement (in civil procedings)...
HYPOTHESIS: Gun ownership proliferates because people see guns as an analog for police protection. Pay more in taxes for social programs and additional law enforcement resources, and you'll see these kinds of incidents decrease without having to pass stricter gun control measures.
To be honest I don't know all the facts of the case, save that the employees were caught on film apparently smoking up and drinking in a park, then returning to work. I also understand they've been out of work for two years awaiting the outcome of this process. I agree that having impaired auto workers operate heavy machinery and put together cars that will carry families around is unacceptable. The only thing I can think of is that somehow, Chrysler didn't follow the...
Because there was a union side of the story, and an employer side. After hearing the facts, the third-party arbitrator decided the facts supported the union side.
Actually, it was thanks to the third-party arbitrator.
This is what $315 billion worth of bullion looks like: inside the Bank of England's gold vaults: http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-what-315-billion-worth-of-gold-looks-like-2012-12
Well, it seems the "Stand Your Ground" law is back in the spotlight...not sure this is a defensible use of it though: Fatal Fla. shooting over music compared to Martin case Michael David Dunn is charged with murder and attempted murder in the Nov. 23 shooting at a Jacksonville, Fla., gas station. The 45-year-old Dunn parked beside the sport utility vehicle occupied by Davis and three other young men and told them to turn the music down, police said. Dunn exchanged words...
Not sure the argument that more compensation = less corruption holds any water, looking at recent high-profile corruption cases...
Bump to thank everyone for the advice!