Posts by M. Bardamu

Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow You suck at faux-erudition. LEARN faux-faux-erudition
Tom of Finland Bespoke x 10
The obsession with men's clothing that is the raison d'etre of these fora is worrying enough for those with one foot still in "normal" society. To see a bunch of young, ostensibly red-blooded males critiquing young women's choice of attire (instead of, par example, discussing the best way to administer Rohypnol or the old standby "So I just said 'Oops, wrong hole!'") is disconcerting to the nth.
Wow, what an ordeal! Kudos for perservering throughout -- you (both) looked fantastic in the end!
Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas +1 +1000000000 if you get it as a "tramp stamp" "tear" is a heteronym in this instance...
Any way to bell-curve the results?
The fact that the original box(?) is present likely means it's been well-cared-for. However, there is the risk that someone could try something funny with the movement, or that it's been refurbished (not a big deal to some who like a nice fresh-looking dial face and hands, but might be to others). I'd concur with Mark from Plano -- US$400 would be a steal indeed. This is actually the watch I have (not the steel version I posted earlier), complete with the date viewer. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by blackplatano Very nice. I went for it and failed. Don't worry -- there'll be another along soon! If you're patient and persistent, you can find the deal of a lifetime. As someone mentioned earlier, education is also key -- it's a process that I'm just beginning. One that's on my list is an Omega Ranchero from the '50s: Also have a look for Tudor watches -- they're sort of the "diffusion" line of Rolex...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley What size are you? I have a nice one in a wine/burgandy color with blue lines similar to the above in a 43R for sale, at cost. BNWT. Much of what I own is 42S, but it seems big on me. I think optimal fit for me is 22" across the chest, 18.5" shoulder, and 23" sleeve. ETA: I tried to have a look, but the link in your sig isn't working. I'm on Ontario too (Ottawa)...
There are some pretty nice sub-$500 ones ending shortly on Bay, like this one: Omega Seamaster 1960s Ending in 15 minutes -- far from mint, but perhaps worth a shot? Seamaster