or Connect

Posts by ajchen

So good, Zack.
Yes, 1" is about the max you should expect out of the 14.5oz denim. So if you want a jean that will end up at 35" I would take the tagged 33.
Yes, coming up this fall!
We just launched a new interview with NC-based furniture makers Arrowhead on our editorial site, Singularities. Read and enjoy here: http://singularities....com/arrowhead/
The tees will stretch a little with wear, but it's also important to note that they will shrink about 1" in length on the first wash so keep that in mind. As to your comment on whether they're too hot for the summertime, in my opinion (which I suppose is slightly biased) I dont think so at all. The weight just gives the fabric a nice heft, but it doesnt make the tshirt hot. It still breathes well since it's 100% cotton. I wear mine through the NYC summertime without issue.
I'd recommend taking the size 33's. We found that this batch of heavyweights sewed down a little small, so a 33 is a true 33 to 33.25" in the waist as opposed to our usual vanity sizing of 1" from tagged size. That being said, this denim stretches more than our flagship 14.5oz so you'll get a good 1.5" of stretch over the first month of wear - so while they'll be snug at first, you can get the tagged 33 to a 34.5" no problem. Hope this helps!
Jordan C.'s 21BSP's at the 2 year mark with 5 washes:
You are correct.
A few snaps of my Viberg 1950 service boots on the 2030 last in brown harness leather at the 3 year mark.
If you don't mind wearing a belt and comfort from day one is key for you, then stick with the 34's. The 33's will stretch 1" in the waist over the first 20 wears, so my personal recommendation would be to stick with those - however, if they are so uncomfortable that you know you won't wear them, better to stick with the 34 and just be ready to wear a belt when the waist stretches eventually.