or Connect

Posts by Vazza

So bought the PNS in size 31 and can do the buttons all the way up but thighs are still tight...how much stretch is there in the thighs from people's experience and how long did it take?
Need some advice please. Due to having gained some muscle in the gym, my tagged 30" waist Petit Standards sadly no longer fit. Thinking of getting a pair of the Petit New Standards due to the relaxed upper block, so what size would be best taking into account potential stretch please? I reckon I'm now a 31-32" waist in the Petit Standards.
For his son, I do believe. I would avoid A&F, AE etc. if at all possible mainly because most of their jeans come in garish washes and/or with distressed effects, which means they tend to go out of fashion quickly, whereas a pair of Levis on the other hand, won't.
Quote: Originally Posted by this_is_james what's APC NS threads? ok so which cuts are absolute straight leg (no tapering at all at the hem) or slight bootleg? from those which ones have medium rise and semi-slim(slimmer than regular but not skin tight)? please enlighten me. Even though the thread is 10 pages long, it is worth a read, as I found it quite informative. New Standards are medium rise with a tapered leg (fitted lower leg),...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vazza Right, bit of an update...finally managed to try on some New Standards in a 30 and 32 waist. Nearly had a hernia trying to get the 30s on and couldn't do up any of the buttons despite struggling with them for about 10 minutes , also they were much (much) too tight around the thighs, for me anyway. As for the 32s, the sat perfectly on my hips without a belt, the waist was comfortable and when I pulled the denim at the...
Right, bit of an update...finally managed to try on some New Standards in a 30 and 32 waist. Nearly had a hernia trying to get the 30s on and couldn't do up any of the buttons despite struggling with them for about 10 minutes , also they were much (much) too tight around the thighs, for me anyway. As for the 32s, the sat perfectly on my hips without a belt, the waist was comfortable and when I pulled the denim at the waist there was about a 1cm of space; I also really...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I would go with the 30s (especially from this latest batch), if you want the waist to fit, and are not going for an antifit look. I'm not sure what you mean by muscular thighs (mine are muscular but not really thick), but unless you have body builder thighs (say 23"+) the fit should be slim rather than skin tight. In any case, the denim of APC jeans is infamously stretchy, and they will stretch out if there is any...
I went to Selfridges and Liberty in London yesterday hoping to try on a pair of New Standards in raw denim but neither had any (though Liberty had a load of Rescues) and when I asked the sales assistants when they were likely to be back in stock, I was told around 3 weeks . I would rather not wait that long, so I'm planning to buy off the APC site but need some advice on sizing. I'm a 32" waist, therefore going off what I've read here, I should get either a 30" or 31" due...
Hey guys, new member (but long time lurker) from the UK here. I was wondering if someone could please clear up customs tax for me because I'm planning to order some jeans from the APC site to take advantage of the exchange rate between the Pound and the Euro. As I'm ordering from an EU country does that mean that customs tax is not applicable? Many thanks. EDIT: Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to post this