or Connect

Posts by Tomboys

Are they perfect? No. Am I completely happy? Yes. Why? Because I don't seek perfection.
Therein lies my problem; I don't own any. So, I have nothing to compare it to. In C&J, I wear a UK9 in both 337 and 348 (tight at first width-wise, but gives nicely to form a great fit), Based on this, it sounds like I should go to a 43.5 on the U last (UK9.5 equivalent).Agreed (regarding erring on the side of bigger). I bought a pair of Battistoni shoes and 8.5 were tight and short and the 9's fit well, if slightly too much volume. After wearing the shoes ~6 months,...
Actually, that would've been pretty cool. Then, when the owner asks for your name(s), everybody would reply, "Bond, James Bond."
IMO, Antic Cognac. On a side note, I really like the Dark Cognac. If I can ever figure out my sizing in Vass (U last), I think I'm going to get a pair made.
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to: Does anyone get mocked for over-dressing at work?. To OP, I commend you for wearing a suit. Given today's social/business environment, it's becoming somewhat of a lost "art". Hopefully, that trend will reverse someday. I won't belabor the point because it's been discussed ad nauseam. I will simply suggest that you channel that desire/energy into building a business wardrobe that is less formal. You'll still look...
Sorry, the Hickey suit I was referring to was the 50% off one, not the anniversary ones. Everything at Nordstrom's main stores are first quality. Dunno about the Rack stores.Yes. There can be better deals--albeit finding them tends to be more blind luck than anything else. In fact, i was at a different Nordstom store over the weekend just to return some stuff. I was goofing off meandering when I noticed this rack right next to the registers in the suit department. ...
You're very welcome.Unfortunately, the sale suit you looked at is now listed under Nordstrom Rack which means all the residual inventory has already been sent to their clearance centers. As such, finding your size in that suit--if it even exists anymore--is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. It's a shame too because IMO, that was the best of all the ones you listed. As far as pleats are concerned, stick to flat-front for now. The problem with pleated...
HIckey Freeman makes a very good suit. And, at $800 - $1000.00, they seem to be a pretty good value. I will point out that two of the 3 choices have pleated pants. While pleated pants are being shown more for F/W 2013 (fall/winter), I find that flat front pants offer a cleaner line (compare the pics and you'll see the fullness in the hip and thigh area of the pants). The last one at half-off only comes in a 46L which is way too big for you. IME, while HF produces a...
LOL. Fresno is a unique market, so there would be some new models brought in for that clientele: 
If that rail system ever comes to fruition, I'll be in SoCal on a monthly basis.