or Connect

Posts by Coburn

I love three piece suits. Since I went MTO, I only buy 3 piece. I wouldn't say it is any more formal then a 2 piece. However, I think filmmakers and TV use the 3 piece as a visual metaphor for "the boss". I agree with an earlier poster, in most work places, people see the vest the way they see a pocket square -- not as a signal of higher status so much as a signal for 'a dude' I don't mind this. Where I work, people think you're well dressed if you wash you underwear.
They sucked me in.
By using polyester fibers, the manufacturer can blend very low quality cotton fiber. By low quality I mean very short fibers. Fibers so short, they may be unusable as a 100% cotton shirt. Polyester is basically a very long and strong fiber. To get that in cotton, you need the relatively expensive long fiber cotton such as South Sea, etc.
FWIW My tailor here in Seattle (with workshop in HK) has complained for years that there is an enormous amount of counterfeit fabric coming out of China. His long time supplier retired recently complaining that he could not maintain a reliable supply chain.
But, hey, now that I'm here. Go MTM. Hemrajani MTM starts at $800
I have nothing much to add, I just wanted to post in the oldest thread I've ever seen.
Wonderful thread, Nutcracker. Thank you
Does this style of wide brimmed hat have a name? Is this a rain hat?
Have you had any experience with Craig's work? I exchanged emails with him last summer but didn't follow up.
I started reading his blog long before I discovered Style forum. Outstanding service and top quality inventory at ASW