or Connect

Posts by Coburn

Quote: Originally Posted by Bubuchnik Thanks for all the help guys. Also a member named 'singlechange' actually PMed me asking for the jacket measurements in hopes of helping me. It was a wonderful gesture and says a lot about the members of the forum and the community. I can only hope to soon help out others to make up for it In case these measurements might assist others in dishing out some advice i'll post them here: Shoulder to Shoulder: 18.5...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Nope, I dislike shell also. Maybe it's the blobby specimens usually made from the stuff and it mostly looks like thick plastic. Longwings are also on teh hate list. Ditto. A big no to Shell and Longwings -- they don't look good.
Quote: Originally Posted by westcory I have lived in the Seattle area for just over two years now and I have yet to find a good tailor. I have been to Decaro twice but in the two visits I have paid almost $600 to have two jackets shortened, a pair of trouser let out and shortened and a pair of trousers taken in and had the leg tapered. The work on the jacket was acceptable but the rest of the work was not very well done so I am looking for recommendations...
Quote: Originally Posted by arson09 Hello to the SF posters.. I'm a long time browser, first time poster. I'm not sure if there is a specific section for this, but if so, i'm sorry and please move it to its proper location... I recently came across a newsboy cap that i'm interested in and wanted to know if any of you fans of newsboy cap on the board could recommended me a site where i can find it or maybe something similar to it.. Ascot...
Quote: Originally Posted by arson09 Hello to the SF posters.. I'm a long time browser, first time poster. I'm not sure if there is a specific section for this, but if so, i'm sorry and please move it to its proper location... I recently came across a newsboy cap that i'm interested in and wanted to know if any of you fans of newsboy cap on the board could recommended me a site where i can find it or maybe something similar to it.. I buy a...
Quote: Originally Posted by brown eyes I just made an appt. at MyTailor.com and I believe I'll be meeting with Joe Hemrajani at their main office in Costa Mesa. Hopefully it'll turn out ok, however, after reading your post, I'm somewhat more inclined to try out ModernTailor.com The biggest drawback of online tailors is the lack of access for alterations, etc. If you in SoCal, you can go to their location any time and be remeasured, arrange...
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats I am an engineer and this is what I wear everyday: OCBD shirts, cotton khakis/ cotton twill/wool flannels/wool twills per season and proper dress shoes. I very rarely wear a tie or jacket to work. I work in a lab all the time and cannot imagine wearing a jacket at work at all. Sweaters/cardigans for the cooler weather and that's about it. In summer months I wear chambray and linen shirts very often. I don't wear full...
I've been thinking about an MTM pinstripe for several months. You and I are appear to be the same size and similar taste. I want something conservative and subtle. Are you thinking navy or charcoal?
No, seriously. Noel Coward? Uh, Private Lives? Design for Living? Am I getting warmer? How about a clue? Three words... first word, two syllables ... sounds like moo. No, sounds like foo! Blithe Spirit? I don't know what that's about. Actually, I don't know any of these plays. I barely know Noel Coward -- I was an engineering major in college. Well, now that I've got this off my chest, I guess I don't really care. Good luck with that poll.
Quote: Originally Posted by Unrefinery These two shirtmakers come up a lot on the forum these days, so for the sake of science and posterity I thought I'd summarize my experience with both, and I hope anyone else who has tried both will speak up as well. Over the last few months I placed two orders each from both MyTailor.com and ModernTailor.com and wrote (brief) reviews on my site; you can read them here: MyTailor.com review ModernTailor.com...