or Connect

Posts by Coburn

Quote: Originally Posted by brown eyes I just made an appt. at MyTailor.com and I believe I'll be meeting with Joe Hemrajani at their main office in Costa Mesa. Hopefully it'll turn out ok, however, after reading your post, I'm somewhat more inclined to try out ModernTailor.com The biggest drawback of online tailors is the lack of access for alterations, etc. If you in SoCal, you can go to their location any time and be remeasured, arrange...
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats I am an engineer and this is what I wear everyday: OCBD shirts, cotton khakis/ cotton twill/wool flannels/wool twills per season and proper dress shoes. I very rarely wear a tie or jacket to work. I work in a lab all the time and cannot imagine wearing a jacket at work at all. Sweaters/cardigans for the cooler weather and that's about it. In summer months I wear chambray and linen shirts very often. I don't wear full...
I've been thinking about an MTM pinstripe for several months. You and I are appear to be the same size and similar taste. I want something conservative and subtle. Are you thinking navy or charcoal?
No, seriously. Noel Coward? Uh, Private Lives? Design for Living? Am I getting warmer? How about a clue? Three words... first word, two syllables ... sounds like moo. No, sounds like foo! Blithe Spirit? I don't know what that's about. Actually, I don't know any of these plays. I barely know Noel Coward -- I was an engineering major in college. Well, now that I've got this off my chest, I guess I don't really care. Good luck with that poll.
Quote: Originally Posted by Unrefinery These two shirtmakers come up a lot on the forum these days, so for the sake of science and posterity I thought I'd summarize my experience with both, and I hope anyone else who has tried both will speak up as well. Over the last few months I placed two orders each from both MyTailor.com and ModernTailor.com and wrote (brief) reviews on my site; you can read them here: MyTailor.com review ModernTailor.com...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kempy Hi Coburn, I've been contemplating ordering a shirt and I know you mentioned in a different post your desire for less tie space. I am curious which collar you requested for your shirt? On the website all the collars seem to have very little, if any, tie space. Personally I was looking at the classic spread or English wide spread. First shirt will definitely be self measured (due to no tailors being in the Seattle area...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Thanks Noel ! Are you going to explain the Noel Coward reference? C'mon, I hate when I don't get the references.
This is an MTM from Mytailor. I've placed three orders -- each arrived in 5 weeks. I would vigorously recommend being measured by a traveling tailor. On another thread, several people stated they actually sent some of their better fitting shirts to Mytailor in California along with the measurements. I'd suggest going further and send the shirts, measurements and pictures of you wearing the shirts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Joe seems to have very strongly held notions about what makes a good fit (he seems to value movement/comfort rather than a more modern, tightly-fitted look; I prefer the latter), and it wouldn't surprise me if his notions prevail during an in-person measurement. It's also important to note a couple things about Hemrajani/MyTailor: 1) The shirts will shrink in their first two launderings, and Joe...
Thank you all. This helps a lot. I just realized I've been taking pictures for weeks with the lens zoomed out to the max. I'll try to zoom in a bit. Now, about cameras, what would you recommend if I stepped up from a pocket camera? I take pictures indoors and outdoors but rarely do 'action' shots. We don't get much sunshine in Seattle during the winter. I cannot seem to get enough light for the WAYWT pictures. The flash seems to wash out a lot of the details...