or Connect

Posts by Coburn

Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff i concur. i own only two sportcoats and they are both cashmere. the texture and finish is more casual than a worsted wool blazer but i prefer the versatility of the more casualness to pair it up with either trousers or jeans. (although my charcoal cashmere visually looks only to pair up with pants). i wouldnt wear a straight worsted wool blazer in blue with gold buttons and grey pants it is too ..i dont know what it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggskip This brings up some questions I have. All else equal, should one get a worsted wool or go with cashmere as material for their "go to" blue blazer? If you can find a nice light cashmere (and hence good for summer), is that a better choice for blue blazer workhorse that is in everybody's closer, than say your typical worsted? Are cashmere blazers, regardless of whether the fabric is light or heavy, not to be worn...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman Lesser is a 2 x 2 cloth. I believe that Barberis is 2 x 1. Generally, 2 x 2 cloth is stronger, lasts longer, and is more wrinkle resistant. It has more body since it's two strands of thread wrapped together in each direction. That is why the best English cloths are more expensive than the Italian cloths which tend to be 2 x 1. Of the Italian mills, Barberis is considered to be the most "English-like." ...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley All my first suits from Chan are VBC Canonico (both 120s and 110s) but I don't know if they're from the Revenge Book, simply because I think at $1100-1250, it's a good price point. But TBH, I'm not too impressed by the fabrics and wished that I had ponied up a couple hundred bucks more for my last two basics (navy and gray) to get what appears to be nicer fabric from Harrison's Frontier or Scabal. Lessor looks to...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel go with lesser. some VBC stuff is made in England and very good, 98% of it is not so good. It is also relatively cheap, which is why so many mid tier tailors push it, high margins on it. Quote: Originally Posted by carpediem while lesser markets fine products I would argue that ed's dismissive response to the quality of VBC's goods is misplaced. They are at the top of the food chain of...
I wonder if you had some thoughts on this? I'm planning to have a suit made by a local tailor -- a 3-piece charcoal pinstripe. He is strongly recommending fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico Revenge 4. Specifically, a wide spaced, grey pin stripe on charcoal -- V-5833466. He gave me an estimate of $1400. Then he also mentioned a super 120 from Lessor #705-18 "˜for a little more money' but didn't give an estimate. I came across a thread on SF from 2005 that...
I'm looking for Incotex Wool trousers tagged 46 EU (measured 31-32 inch) Send PM
Try on a J Crew Ludlow. It's cut for a thin man.
Quote: Originally Posted by zippyh I'll echo the Germanicness of Siegfried. I took in a RLBL suit I got off of Gilt for alterations. It still had the original price tag of around $2k. He started in on how he could have done the suit for for about half that. He dropped that line of conversation when I told him I paid $500. He seems to do decent work though. You need to be careful with him -- he's a damned slick salesman. I went in with...
Quote: Originally Posted by hiisociety Coburn, I'm interested in the contact info for Sigfried. How is the price? The price is probably comparable. At this point, I'm willing to pay premium to get a competent tailor. Here is Sigfrieds web site. http://hartmannstailoring.com/ On Saturday, I went downtown with a few trousers to try Mahiras's. http://www.mahiras.com/ I like both these guys. They are very opinionated. I...