or Connect

Posts by EBTX66

It's a 40R. If I hold my breath I can just about get 1/3 of my arm in one of the sleeves. It will be on eBay in the next week or so.No, I'm still in Dallas. I don't graduate until May of 2013. Then, the gravy train will no doubt dry up. Someone will definitely have to move here and take up the slack.
I've been out of the game for 4-5 months now because my wife drew a line in the sand and demanded I clean out the backlog. I've made a serious dent in it lately, plus I concentrated on buying her stuff for a while - you guys should try it; it works wonders - so on my way to lunch I stopped at a Goodwill on a whim. I found a killer Polo brown chalkstripe single breasted 3/2 peak lapelled side-vented suit, a pair of ff Canali slacks, and Lorenzini and Armani shirts. Once I...
Then I'd end up either having someone put in a bid and not bother to ever show up to close or I'd have to try and figure out a way to ship it to Russia - and then the guy would decline to pay because he'd claim the house never arrived.And prices are dropping even though the job market is strong. The absolute glut of empty suburban tract houses has really skewered the market downward.That's the big problem here: houses are TOO cheap. Out where you guys live I know many...
1800 sq ft 1952 ranch home, 3/2, 2 car garage w/ custom cabinets and outdoor carpeting (it doubles as my kid's foul weather playroom), hardwoods, berber carpet in bedrooms, built-ins, crown molding, fireplace, jetted tub in front bath, jetted spa tub in master, 10 ft wooden privacy fence, sprinkler system, new roof, new central air/heat, new double-pane custom windows... $189kIt didn't snow a single time this year...
I've been so wrapped up with working full-time and finishing grad school over the past year that I only occasionally get to drop in and lurk. Still, from what I've seen I have it pretty good in Dallas. I live in an older neighborhood fairly close to downtown and there are 6 thrift stores within a 1 mile radius of my house. If you extend it out to 5 miles you can add 10 more. All produce relatively consistantly. I have 6 close enough to my office across town to hit on my...
+100 to both jkidd41011 and pnutpug . I used to sell on here but I ended up spending so much time answering emails and taking specific measurements and photos from tire-kickers killing time that I gave up. Compared to eBay the buyers on here are much more knowlegable, picky, and spoiled. I don't mean that in as bad a way as it sounds, it's just I bet most of them shop thrift stores so they've grown numb to labels and only buy it if it's at near-thrift prices. I have...
Okay, I think the guy gets the point. For the record he's a great seller who sells good stuff at a fair price, is more than willing to make special arrangements, he communicates quickly, etc. I have purchased a couple of things from some of the bigger sellers and although I did not return them they weren't quite as honest in their listings as they could have been. I guess if you're doing that much volume the occasional negative feedback is not as devastating as it is to...
The local Marshall's here eneded up with a ton of Cucinelli, Brioni, etc. except it's all WAY too much. A Cucinelli for $900 might be a huge discount on the retail but it's twice what you'd pay on eBay. They also have two new Kiton ties but they're $59 each. I haven't been in a week or so, maybe it's time to swing by and see if they've been marked down.
Why are you dogging me? Hook a brother up! You know this is my size...
Nataku - I had a chance to drop in on the thread after a long absense and I'm glad to see my old buddy finally had a good score! Congrats.