or Connect

Posts by timpoblete

Congratulations! Well deserved!
Watch sold out before 12:30 today.
Big fan of the watch. I have a green MWC in the same colorway and design (looks like the Vietnam era stuff) that I use for show (since the wife bought it for me). Going to pick up the navy version when available.
Doo-Bop
Not sure this goes well in the SS16 or the FW15 thread, so threw it up here since this seems to be a good middle ground. Reposted from the Russell Moccasins thread. Engineered Garments x Russell Mocs multi-leather knockabout boot, which they first made for EG back in FW 2007. They no longer allow more than 3 leather for a single pair of footwear (at least that's what they told me back in 2014. Hopefully things have changed), so these can't be custom ordered anymore. Had...
Engineered Garments x Russell Mocs multi-leather knockabout boot, which they first made for EG back in FW 2007. They no longer allow more than 3 leather for a single pair of footwear (at least that's what they told me back in 2014. Hopefully things have changed), so these can't be custom ordered anymore. Had to order these through Yahoo! Japan auctions and are a bit narrow. They're currently under the stretcher (shoe trees with socks wrapped around them. I'll add more...
Talked with Angelo back in 2008 about the Field Parka that was 85% Wool / 15% Nylon: Angelo: The material for the Field Parka is 85%wool 15%nylon and the nylon is put in for strength. Also the weave is not really tight but that is the beauty of it. If you want it to maintain it the way it is, I would just recommend to be careful with it but I wouldn’t. The beauty of all garments is to live in it, to let it be part of your life. If something is held to be precious you will...
Looks familiar
I think a lot of people get thrown off by the term "engineered". EG isn't a performance apparel company that does extensive research on materials and fatigue life on their products. If that were so, wool and cashmere and many of those thinner and more delegate fabrics woul never even be considered usable. I think the engineering in this sense is more that they are taking features from different historical garments (via the extensive vintage expertise of Daiki) and...
FW15, tail end