or Connect

Posts by epic raccoon

Thank you.That's exactly the sort of information I was hoping to gather; I was just hoping that it'd be from people who have gone through the measurement process via the physical Indochino location in NYC, rather than online.My thinking was that by eliminating the addition of another party to the process, i.e. a tailor to take measurements, and have Indochino's staff do it themselves, it would help minimise discrepancies. And not to mention taking advantage of customer...
I'm aware of this fact, but was hoping it'd be a bit easier than it is...Because I need a solid coloured suit. As I mentioned previously, I have been thrifting for years (as well as discount shopping) where it's usually everything but the staples.I own a number of subtle patterned and striped sportcoats and suits, but no solids suitable for warmer weather.
Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic and hoping that there have been in-store experiences suggesting something better than what I've been reading about their online MTM services.Right now I simply can't justify any more than $400-500 on a suit, but at the same time I have been making do with a very limited wardrobe and I'm rather sick of it. I'm in NYC now and I have more options and I would love to take advantage of my current situation.I guess I could revisit my RTW/OTR...
I have the latter.I've spent many months looking for a dress shirt that fits me well, but there's always something off. Once you factor in the cost of alterations, the total sometimes exceeds MTM.On top of that, solid colours aren't as easy to come by when you shop discount stores, and there's very little in the way of fabric choice.
How long ago was this? I recall Indochino being very trendy and ridiculous when it first launched years ago, but I was under the impression that they've improved.Regardless, if they can last me two years, and I can customise them so they're more on the conservative side of trendy, I'd be willing to consider them. I'd like to hear from people who have been to their NYC location though. My primary concern with Indochino is the measurement process.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified: I understand SF's idea of "reasonable" is considerably higher than that of the average population (which I love!) but what I'm looking for is a "stopgap" suit that fits well, and doesn't make me sweat (i.e. summer fabrics and partial or no lining).I'm still in the early stages of my career. I'm looking to find something that I can wear for the next couple of years until I start earning more and can afford something truly beautiful I...
No worries at all! You bring up very cogent points, and I've been around long enough to understand it as well. After reading your reply I realised that, having not been on SF recently, I left out a key piece of information: quality isn't as high of a priority right now. I'm still in the early stages of my career, and in a year or two I'll hopefully be making much more. When that happens, I'll certainly be looking into higher-end stuff.But for now, I'm merely trying to...
Ahem. I have been around SF for years, and I'm excellent at research The trouble here is that SF users tend to be a bit, how should I put this...quick on the draw?I mean, I can sympathise. I'm a regular on a number of online communities, where, in spite of sidebar/navbar links, sticky topics, and archived threads, people will just ask the same question again and again. I just want to reach through my screen and slap them in the face.But I digress.In my seven years of SF...
Are there any feasible alternatives whatsoever in the sub-$500 price range?Yeah, no idea where they were going with that. Their marketing seemed pretty shitty when they first came out though.
The thread's huge. I've looked through it and I can't seem to find much information about experiences at their location in NYC. The posts appear to be all about ordering online?