or Connect

Posts by epic raccoon

I'll be getting MTM from SuitSupply in a few years, i.e. when I have more financial security & income.Their cheapest suits are still a bit more on the pricey side, and AFAIK their sale discounts aren't very significant?I'm willing to wait for sales. I just want to be able to grab one or two suits that meet my criteria, and that I can wear without worrying about ruining them.
I'm a bit of an Anglophile Unfortunately I was hoping more for advice specific to New York, i.e. the opposite of your post I kid. Thanks for the advice, and for introducing me to a new English brand.However, without free return shipping (or free shipping at all?) to the United States, it's not really an option for me. Not to mention the total comes out to over $500 USD, and that's without S&H or alterations.I have two questions for you:Do you know of any international...
Thanks. I neglected to list online vendors because I'm unable to try them on, but Spier & McKay seems to offer free return shipping for US customers on the first suit.Again, since quality isn't a high priority, I'd love to get more suggestions & input on other brands!
Background: I've been thrifting and discount shopping ever since I came across SF seven years ago. Unfortunately my proportions are very unusual, so the few suits I do own are thrifted, and most of them are falling apart by now. So for once, I'd like to buy a brand new suit for myself. Besides, I'm living in Manhattan, so I want to take advantage of my proximity to a variety of stores and flagship locations. My price point is actually $200-300 excluding alterations. I...
BTW I live in NYC so I can go to the flagship Macy's Herald Square where they carry some nicer things such as a select few Allen Edmonds models (I'd be better off buying them elsewhere though). I am DESPERATELY in need of a new pair of shoes that fit me; I'm around a 7.5-8.0 E/D split width, and I have forgotten it feels to wear shoes that fit. Perhaps some cheap (nice-ish) low-end shoes--a pair of full-grain leather Bostonian, Johnston & Murphy, or Florsheim boots that...
I'm somewhat new to NYC and began my career not too long ago, so I'm shopping for entry-level MTM suits or OTR + alterations. Ideally I'd rather not spend any more than $500 because these will be "stopgap" suits which I only need to last me about two years of semi-regular wear. I have very unusual and particular requirements in terms of suit construction and sizing, hence MTM. Regardless, I'm looking to begin a (hopefully) long business relationship with a tailor. I...
Thank you.That's exactly the sort of information I was hoping to gather; I was just hoping that it'd be from people who have gone through the measurement process via the physical Indochino location in NYC, rather than online.My thinking was that by eliminating the addition of another party to the process, i.e. a tailor to take measurements, and have Indochino's staff do it themselves, it would help minimise discrepancies. And not to mention taking advantage of customer...
I'm aware of this fact, but was hoping it'd be a bit easier than it is...Because I need a solid coloured suit. As I mentioned previously, I have been thrifting for years (as well as discount shopping) where it's usually everything but the staples.I own a number of subtle patterned and striped sportcoats and suits, but no solids suitable for warmer weather.
Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic and hoping that there have been in-store experiences suggesting something better than what I've been reading about their online MTM services.Right now I simply can't justify any more than $400-500 on a suit, but at the same time I have been making do with a very limited wardrobe and I'm rather sick of it. I'm in NYC now and I have more options and I would love to take advantage of my current situation.I guess I could revisit my RTW/OTR...
I have the latter.I've spent many months looking for a dress shirt that fits me well, but there's always something off. Once you factor in the cost of alterations, the total sometimes exceeds MTM.On top of that, solid colours aren't as easy to come by when you shop discount stores, and there's very little in the way of fabric choice.