or Connect

Posts by zeni

Quote: Originally Posted by pcl I don't get the swooning over Uniqlo - is the U.S. store that much better than the stores in Asia? I have never been to the store in NYC, but when I worked in Shanghai there were two Uniqlo stores near where I lived (the one on Huaihai Lu and the one on Nanjng Lu) ... always thought they were just ok - pretty mcuh as everyone says - it's the Japanese Gap. Gap like clothing sized for Asians. But nothing special. But...
I remember back when it first came out, there were like 5 flavors. Iced Tea, Orange, Blueberry.. I forget what else. I would think that such simplicity = better brand recognition but I haven't any background in marketing
Nice writeup. Sounds like they're great for the city. I have seen a few out here in the country but it seems like a diesel or hybrid would better for the terrain and comparable in mileage. I'd hate to hit a deer doing 60 in one of these
Carbon cost of Googling revealed Quote: Carbon cost of Googling revealed By Greg Morsbach BBC News Two search requests on the internet website Google produce as much carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle, according to a Harvard University academic. US physicist Alex Wissner-Gross has conducted research into the environmental impact of "googling". Environmental physicists are worried about the environmental impact of information technology. A...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Wow... I think that if this guy and I ever met, we'd probably come to blows within seconds. I haven't seen everything on the list... and some I've only seen one or the other, so I cannot judge, but I'm in complete and utter disagreement with these: Transporter 3 BETTER THAN The Dark Knight Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull BETTER THAN Iron Man Of course I saw all four of these movies, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by likeitaloud Cause you know lots of sex, partying day and night, and calling people bro is THAT terrible Don't forget wearing A&F!! I love the irony of hating on them for being daft/superficial/etc, but then turning around and making these sweeping judgments based on trivial stuff like joining a social organization, wearing certain clothes, etc.
Anyone else a fan of Armond White? His annual Better-Than Listl is in the new NY Press. Agree with him or not, he's one of the few who will critically examine film rather than parroting popular opinion.
I eat a lot of oatmeal in the winter. Quick and filling
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y Driving fast on a racetrack is a very considered, controlled activity, and is the opposite of driving recklessly. --Andre In general yes, but it depends on the driver. I've seen plenty of reckless drivers crash on the track.
I caught one of these during the Ole Miss v Texas Tech game. 'g is a lower-case God' etc. Terrible indeed, and long. I had to change the channel.