or Connect

Posts by dpw

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt One should be especially skeptical of articles like the recent one in the NY Times in which they slammed Klaus based on reports from communist secret police profiles from the 1980s. absolutely true. the first lie was set forth by the government when they continually denied the existence of the secret police. the files themselves are full of lies and half truths and were used by agents for personal...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe 1. that is an issue with communism most view it a bad policy but others still believe in may work. 2. every country will have differentview about property rights, it is not the basis of all types of goverment. 3.read 2 4. yes he does it but so does almost all the countries tring to flex regional muscle as well. so i do not see a problem with it. it seesm to be fair punch as luck would have it the people...
rachmaninov, pasty kline, van morrison and anything brazilian
beautiful shoe, beautiful photos!
"what makes him an awful leader" : 1. ruining the economy w/ poor economic policies 2. destroying individual property rights 3. closing down free press 4. interfearing in free elections to name a few...
regular: prodesign 3 pair sunglasses: cartier and maui jim
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW Albert Camus - The Just Assassins Stephen Fry - The Liar i read the just assassins in a french class in college. this was many years ago and i had not thought about it much since. while watching the second plane hit the world trade center on tv thoughts about this play came immediately to mind. given his fears over totalitarian states and life experiences in n. africa , he is someone to read again at...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt The slow road to serfdom. mr. hayek would be pleased you noticed. after years of this kind of thing most do not see that individual freedoms are slipping away, little by little. that plus a total fear in the electorate worked to obama's advantage. i have no doubt, given his experiences in asia and at the fed, geithner truly believes government has an expanding and helpful role. i am sure he sees obama's...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Right - I'll request a personal meeting to "understand him very well" rather than blindly believing what everyone writes about the guy Gosh - the stuff exhibited here sometimes... and yet, you are posting what is "widely believed" about mr klaus i can't believe... what some choose to believe because it's "widely" reported in the press... without a hint of skepticism
i did print in nyc 25 years ago. worked at barneys and also did work for sears, kilgore french, hickey freeman, aramani and others. agree with many of the comments posted by rach2lc. then it was not as populated by gays ( i am not) but still saw all the attendant problems mentioned above. probably was not as cutthroat as it is today as the money back then wasn't nearly what is available today. not much glamor, lots of standing around waiting for this and that. i have...